My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded

Discus and support My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, I can’t update or install anything. I can download games from disks but immediately after they are done installing it says I need to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hunter J., Jun 22, 2023.

1. Hunter J.
    Hunter J. Guest

My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded

As the title says, I can’t update or install anything. I can download games from disks but immediately after they are done installing it says I need to update them and I refuses to update them.

:)

Hunter J., Jun 22, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Hunter. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up manual DNS settings.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Try downloading any game and see if it works.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Jose Galvan2 Win User

Xbox Game pass download stuck and cannot be cancelled

Everything is up to date, issue remains the same. Game will not download, will not be cancelled, will not allow other games to be downloaded, and will not allow its folder to be deleted and the xbox app does not allow me to change the drive in which games are installed. Effectively gamepass is unusable because of this since I have can't download any games and currently have none installed.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Xbox One Game Help

If 360 games are not compatible with xbox one then the option to re-purchase or download for free won`t even exist.

There simply won`t be any 360 games on the xbox one.

-

As far as the 360 goes,anything you have already purchased will always be there to download for free,for as long as microsoft support the 360.
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying another xbox console, game or microsoft product.

If you turn off automatic updates in the settings menu then it won`t happen.

Set it to manual updates and then you can choose what you want to update instead of the console doing it automatically for everything that you have currently installed.
  6. xi LIGHTSOUT ix Win User

Downloading games to Xbox one using Smartglass?

I just bought Spartan Assault and it shows up in my games with a cloud icon on it, you have to initiate the install. It would be nice if we had the ability to purchase games on the smartglass app and prompt the xbox one to download back home. I believe
    the ps4 app allows you to do this currently.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded - Similar Threads - won”t allow install

2. How tot get my money back from the pass . I Don t want it

in XBoX on Windows
    How tot get my money back from the pass . I Don t want it: They stole the money from my card I Don t want the pass d98df6f0-a9f6-44b1-8859-5493d561e1a7
  3. Can`t hera mates in the voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can`t hera mates in the voice chat: Hello, I have the following problem: When I want to play together with my friend in a voice chat, I can't hear him. We have tried using the Xbox Party Chat and Discord. I use a Wireless Turtle...
  4. I can´t upload anything to OneDrive

in XboX Insiders
    I can´t upload anything to OneDrive: I can´t upload anything to OneDrive. The problem has been there for a few days. I´m on Xbox insider beta-level. Any advice? submitted by /u/kuunaama [link] [comments]
  5. Is the T-wolf tf400 keyboard and mouse compatible with the Xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the T-wolf tf400 keyboard and mouse compatible with the Xbox one s?: Want to buy a wired keyboard and mouse for my Xbox one s. Is the T-wolf tf400 compatible? 9f8ed73d-b871-4f06-9034-0b3e3315aeb5
  6. New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game

in XboX Insiders
    New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game: https://www.xbox.com/sv-SE/games/store/cant-wait-to-die/9MSR28JPFCGK/0010 Can't Wait to Die thrusts players into a thrilling platforming adventure where every moment is a precarious dance between...
  7. Xbox won''t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won''t connect: My wifi would not connect to my Xbox even when it connects to the rest of the house. I have done the things it told me to do and it still couldn't connect. What should I do about this?...
  8. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  9. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe
  10. Won prize on ms rewards but no email and doesn't appear on orders

in XBoX on Windows
    Won prize on ms rewards but no email and doesn't appear on orders: As the title says, I won a surface pro 9 playing scratch and win within ms rewards on the Xbox. I got the congratulations screen as well as a unique code. I was told that I would be emailed to...