My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.

Discus and support My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hadn't been on the Xbox for a few hours and powerd on my controller withought any problem I then proceeded to play a game (dragon age:inquisition)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by toxik2090, Aug 4, 2017.

1. toxik2090
    toxik2090 Guest

My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.

I hadn't been on the Xbox for a few hours and powerd on my controller withought any problem I then proceeded to play a game (dragon age:inquisition) and got the game loaded and was ready to play until my controller just shut down. I pushed down on the home
    button and it didn't light up so I changed the battery's again nothing happen no light on the home button I then plugged the controller in with the us button chord and it still wouldn't even turn on. I also disconected my whole console for two minutes to no
    avail. What can I do?

:)

toxik2090, Aug 4, 2017
  2. RyanEllison1
    RyanEllison1 Guest
    Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

Hi,

When I connect my Xbox One Wireless Controller to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth it will work then randomly disconnect. Windows 10 says that it is still connected even though it isn't since the Xbox button on the controller is flashing. Any suggestions? Thanks
    in advance.

RyanEllison1, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Xbox randomly shutting off

Xbox one works for a while then randomly shuts off and the light on the power supply goes out. What could that be?

PerviousMedal83, Aug 4, 2017
  4. InwardPayload Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

My controller instantly shuts off when headset (one that came with Xbox one) is plugged in. I've power cycled Xbox, updated controller I can't even update it with the headset plugged in because it shuts off.. Bought another headset it does the same thing..
    Do I need a new controller already!? So frustrating. Help?
  5. jmarks2001 Win User

Controller "low power state"

I read through the different articles linked on that page and only found one mention of the controller shutting off. In the "Your Xbox Wireless Controller Shuts Down" article, it says that the controller is designed to shut down after 15 minutes to conserve
    batteries. This isn't the low-power state I'm referring to. The old 360 controller did this.
  6. POOO JUICE Win User

Xbox one fan never shuts off!

My console shuts off but the power supply box fan never shuts off, even when the console is off and no lights on the fan won't shut off. I have to unplug it to get it to stop. Is that normal?
  7. XBF Ezra G Win User

My xbox or my controls fail

Hello LupitaMedina,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One controller randomly powering off. to troubleshoot this, please check out this article:

Troubleshoot Xbox Wireless Controller

Please let us know how this goes.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

[PC] Xbox One Controller Won't Turn Off

Hi Basx3,

The controller will need to be disconnected from the provided USB cable to allow the controller to turn off. Since you are on the PC, the controller does not have the same power menu the Xbox One does to manually shut off the controller.

The USB cable is supplying power to the controller from your computer.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on. - Similar Threads - wireless controller randomly

2. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  4. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  5. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  6. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  7. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  8. How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game: One of the games I play one my Xbox Series S is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a thing I keep running into is my controller randomly disconnecting the light flashes in the controller a few times...
  9. Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons: Hi all So I recently got a wireless Xbox 360 controller, and for a few days it's been working fine, however starting today it's acting.. Weird The joystick, for example, seems to somehow control...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10): My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and sometimes hold the input that was pressed...