My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help

Discus and support My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently my Xbox one has been having issues. For about three days now when I ever I try to open an app my Xbox will freeze and crash. All I can do is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrNobodyepic21, Feb 16, 2017.

1. My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help

Recently my Xbox one has been having issues. For about three days now when I ever I try to open an app my Xbox will freeze and crash. All I can do is just navigate around the home screen besides that I can't do anything. It tells me to connect to the network
    and will I try it will freeze and crash. If I try to open anything such as a game, settings, profiles, apps etc my Xbox will freeze and crash. I've tried restarting my Xbox, I've tried unplugging the whole Xbox, I've tried unplugging the power strip from the
    wall and waiting 30 seconds, I've tried unplugging the power brick. Nothing seems to work. If you have this issue and know how to resolve it please help. Thank You!

:)

MrNobodyepic21, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Thexibj178
    Thexibj178 Guest
    Freeze in forza horizon X1

Hello, my problem is when i play forza horizon the game freeze et my xbox one crash and restart while the first mission. Can you help me please? Thanks

Thexibj178, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Party Crashing

Whenever i start the party app my xbox just freezes and then the app crashes, its the same with joining friends parties too, im not the only one experiencing this problem either recently, ive turn my internet and xbox one off and on again, still continues
    to freeze and crash, it was working fine earlier today. i was in a party with a friend, then a stranger joined my party and thats when my party app stopped working.

TheSexyHanSolo, Feb 16, 2017
  4. My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help

Hey there MrNobodyepic21,

Sorry to hear about the crashing and freezing issues, give
    this guide
    a shot to see if it helps out and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Feb 17, 2017
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there MrNobodyepic21,

Sorry to hear about the crashing and freezing issues, give
    this guide
    a shot to see if it helps out and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. iTzz BuTTeRz Win User

Slow UI and extremely slow loading and navigation

My xbox one UI is absolutely ridiculous if I open up any app or open a profile or even a simple message it takes. More than 1 minute and sometimes it even crashes. Also when I click on the notifications tab it freezes my xbox and this last up to 3-5 minutes
    long I can no longer have patience with this so called "NextGen console" I'm sorry but I'm about to buy a PS4 if Microsoft doesn't do something about this
  7. XBF Ezra G Win User

Red Dead Redemption II crashes on Xbox One X on first chapter

Hello EH U HOSER,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 freezing during gameplay. Please check out this page to troubleshoot this issue:

Game Freezing and Crashing - Xbox One

Please let us know how this goes.
  8. rw04-CFE90ED9-C52A-4 Win User

How do i get get the xbox preview app??

I have the app now but when I open the app and click join, the app freezes up. Any solutions/help?????
  9. Golly very Jolly Win User

profile picture

Hey. i followed what you told me to do but i forgot to mention when i try and change my pfp to a custom one the app just freezes and crashes in the end.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help - Similar Threads - freeze crash open

2. My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...: Problem: My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue screen with and the screen turning different staticky colours (and so no specific error codes). I...
  3. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  4. Xbox is freezing and games are crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is freezing and games are crashing.: So today I went on to fortnite and randomly it froze. I thought nothing of it and decided to shut of my Xbox S and turn it back on. This time though it took 10 minutes just for it to boot up, and...
  5. My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.: Okay so first and foremost, I made the mistake of verifying the integrity of game files on Steam, because I've done some extensive research and people have said that it has caused their game to...
  6. 2023 Roblox Freeze and Crash?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2023 Roblox Freeze and Crash?: Hello Microsoft team or other users! I own a device of 15.6” Gaming Laptop NVIDIA RTX 2050 Whenever I play a Roblox game such as a replication of COD AKA Call of duty zombies. It seems to...
  7. Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game: Hi I use microsoft roblox on a daily and normally it works perfectly fine until 3 days ago, I noticed that it freezes at a certain point where it doesn't unfreeze and just stays frozen forever. I...
  8. My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately: constant crashes, freezes, and overall slow performance, I've tried factory resetting twice, cleaning the console, and reinstalling multiple games but nothing seems to fix my issue...
  9. Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...: Dying Light 2 Xbox Series X the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump, plot actions and so on). The game freezes and goes to the console desktop or just freezes and...
  10. Edge browser freezing and crashing upon opening

in XboX Insiders
    Edge browser freezing and crashing upon opening: I use edge browser to watch videos sometimes, but today I can't open the app at all. It just freezes and crashes everytime I try to open it. I've restarted and reset the console already and still...