My Xbox One was 111 days old. Now it's dead and Microsoft won't honor the warranty.

Discus and support My Xbox One was 111 days old. Now it's dead and Microsoft won't honor the warranty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yep, you read that right, 111 glorious days of Xbox One gaming. It was a good run, until the unit started shutting off after anywhere from 5 seconds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RocketUSA, Nov 4, 2015.

1. RocketUSA
    RocketUSA Guest

My Xbox One was 111 days old. Now it's dead and Microsoft won't honor the warranty.

Yep, you read that right, 111 glorious days of Xbox One gaming. It was a good run, until the unit started shutting off after anywhere from 5 seconds to 1 minute. I called support, they walked me through all of the normal "is it plugged in" and "have you
    tried another outlet" steps. After getting through all of that, it was determined that the unit needed a warranty repair. Great.

I sent it in 3 weeks ago, only to receive it back last night with a little form letter stating that Microsoft had determined that it had been opened or tampered with. What!!?? The thing has been on my entertainment center since I bought it. I haven't even
    thought about opening it, much less actually doing it. Besides, what idiot (ok, there's probably some out there) would open up a new unit under warranty? To make matters worse, the console came back with extra damage, as if it had been dropped on multiple
    corners. The security sticker was mangled as well. (As a side note, I had even contacted Xbox support a few days ago asking about any return shipping information they might be able to provide. While they couldn't find a tracking number, they assured me
    it was fixed and on its way back.)

I called Microsoft Support. The first guy was so confused he gave up on me and transferred me to someone else. The second guy was nice enough, and they asked me to e-mail them pictures of the damage. That's where I'm at with Microsoft.

As for where I ordered this originally, it was a Walmart.com purchase, so I called my local Walmart store. They told me to go pound sand, they only honor 15 day returns. I told them they sold me a lemon, to which they responded with dead air. Nothing. I
    called 1-800-Walmart, and to my surprise learned that there was an extended warranty purchased with it (it was a gift). Awesome. I called the extended protection people, and they said, "Sorry, we won't honor it if Microsoft won't." Really.

Since I know for a fact that I didn't open this thing or tamper with it in any way, my next call was to FedEx. It was out of my possession while being shipped by FedEx, and it left me not having been tampered with and arrived at the service center tampered
    with. I talked to them about making a claim for shipping damages, so I've got the process prepped and ready to go if I have to there.

So that leaves me here, waiting for Microsoft to respond to some pictures I sent them. I'm not optimistic as it's just little ol' me vs. one of the biggest companies in the world. A lot of people will probably tell me, "Go get a new one," and in reality,
    I don't really know what else I'm going to be able to do. I am so fired up about this, however, that I'm getting ready to file a complaint with my state's consumer protection division, and then a small claims suit. This whole thing is just beyond comprehensible.

Has anyone else run into a similar situation and, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

:)

RocketUSA, Nov 4, 2015
  2. Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death - is it finally time to jump off the 60 bandwagon

The RRoD fixes only involve messing with clamps on the motherboard, not anything that can get you banned. Microsoft won't honor the warranty any more, but you may prolong the life of your xbox.

BanjoApocalypse, Nov 4, 2015
  3. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

My xbox one console is only 6 months old and is broken. Microsoft will NOT honor the warranty and told me the console had been tampered with. I know for a fact that the console has never been touched besides just playing games. Very disappointed and I
    wont spend another dollar on anything they have to offer.

ReliableChain2, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi RocketUSA,

Sorry you're having issues with your repair process. Have you verified the serial number from the console you sent in, matches the one you received? You should be able to go to
    https://myservice.xbox.com and view your devices to see. If it doesn't match then for sure let Xbox technical support know. If it is the same console, and the Service Center has verified that the warranty
    technical seal is not in tact, then unfortunately there is not going to be much you can do unless you perhaps have before and after pictures.

Hordie, Nov 4, 2015
  5. RocketUSA
    RocketUSA Guest
    It is indeed the same console. I had no idea it would turn out like this, so I didn't get before and after pics. I know I should have, but honestly, I did not anticipate the mess that this would turn into.

RocketUSA, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Rodney6672
    Rodney6672 Guest
    Rodney6672, Nov 4, 2015
  7. If you got to go through the trouble of having "before and after photo's" - Then I suggest taking the item to your local Court House and then taking the photo's. Especially of the seal and serial numbers.

Next go over to to the notary where Legal dept witnesses can then put their John Hancock on it. And also watch you box and seal it for shipping. Now over to Fed Ex with no less than 2 witnesses accompanying you.

That way you're covered to the hilt. And if MS repair center says otherwise... Small claims court.

ElectroFlying, Nov 4, 2015
  8. RocketUSA
    RocketUSA Guest

Thanks for the input guys. While I like the idea ElectroFlying came up with, that idea can't happen because I already sent it off and received it back. I'm going to raise cain about this, mark my words.

RocketUSA, Oct 31, 2018
  9. ElectroFlying Win User

If you got to go through the trouble of having "before and after photo's" - Then I suggest taking the item to your local Court House and then taking the photo's. Especially of the seal and serial numbers.

Next go over to to the notary where Legal dept witnesses can then put their John Hancock on it. And also watch you box and seal it for shipping. Now over to Fed Ex with no less than 2 witnesses accompanying you.

That way you're covered to the hilt. And if MS repair center says otherwise... Small claims court.
  10. RocketUSA Win User

Thanks for the input guys. While I like the idea ElectroFlying came up with, that idea can't happen because I already sent it off and received it back. I'm going to raise cain about this, mark my words.
  11. RocketUSA Win User

It is indeed the same console. I had no idea it would turn out like this, so I didn't get before and after pics. I know I should have, but honestly, I did not anticipate the mess that this would turn into.
  12. Hordie Win User

Hi RocketUSA,

Sorry you're having issues with your repair process. Have you verified the serial number from the console you sent in, matches the one you received? You should be able to go to
    https://myservice.xbox.com and view your devices to see. If it doesn't match then for sure let Xbox technical support know. If it is the same console, and the Service Center has verified that the warranty
    technical seal is not in tact, then unfortunately there is not going to be much you can do unless you perhaps have before and after pictures.
  13. Rodney6672 Win User

Thema:

1. My Xbox One was 111 days old. Now it's dead and Microsoft won't honor the warranty. - Similar Threads - was 111 days

2. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  3. The MW 111 is showing my library but the game says locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The MW 111 is showing my library but the game says locked: modern warfare 111 is locked and I cannot play it. I’ve did a restart. I purchased thru Microsoft . What can I do, d2eb20ca-92a9-4d19-b6fe-584188c4e847
  4. Is there only the 111 mahjong puzzles in The MS Mahjong?1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there only the 111 mahjong puzzles in The MS Mahjong?1.: Why such a small limit of Mahjong Puzzles while all other MS games have seemingly unlimited puzzles. If there a way to expand? 91ead2e2-d3e7-40d2-94d9-91bd2a96e311
  5. Game keeps crashing after exiting Vault 111

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps crashing after exiting Vault 111: Hello, I hope I can get some understanding about why this recently started happening, I can provide the facts to hopefully reach the problem. Firstly I tested it and it only happens with mods...
  6. Diablo 111

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 111: Playing Diablo 11 on PC,will i be able to log onto my Battlenet account & play the same saved characters levels on a xbox one??? Peter 838f17d5-0061-4b70-88fc-11fbb9b242b6
  7. Black Ops 111 XBox 1, How to change language on purchased disk to play in English

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops 111 XBox 1, How to change language on purchased disk to play in English: Help, purchased Black Ops 111 disk in Spain thinking it was the EU English version, only to find it is in Spanish, are they going to send an update to enable change of language as you can on most...
  8. Black dome/Broken Vault 111

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black dome/Broken Vault 111: The new 1.4 patch was released, the other day for the Xbox , and just to let everybody know they did not fix the Black Dome problem over the Vault 111. It's still there. I just hope any of the new...
  9. FIRST GAMER TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES LEGIT

in XBoX on Consoles
    FIRST GAMER TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES LEGIT: IM AN THE FIRST GAMER AS OF TODAY 6/10/17 TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES OUT 131 GAMES AN IN 6 YEARS I DEDICATED MY HARD EARNED WORK TO STALLION83 AN SMRNOV AN BILL GATES AN THE XBLPET TEAM AS WELL AS XBOX...
  10. IM THE FIRST LEGIT GAMER TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES!

in XBoX on Consoles
    IM THE FIRST LEGIT GAMER TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES!: IM AN THE FIRST GAMER AS OF TODAY 6/10/17 TO COMPLETE 111 GAMES OUT 131 GAMES AN IN 6 YEARS I DEDICATED MY HARD EARNED WORK TO STALLION83 AN SMRNOV AN BILL GATES AN THE XBLPET TEAM AS WELL AS XBOX...