My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen

Discus and support My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to get past the startup screen and then it goes black I recently lost one of the cables to the Wi-Fi antenna and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wyatt McDonald1, Oct 6, 2023.

1. My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen

My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to get past the startup screen and then it goes black I recently lost one of the cables to the Wi-Fi antenna and Bluetooth board could that have something to do with it

PLEASE can someone help me

:)

Wyatt McDonald1, Oct 6, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Wyatt M! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I don't think so, since losing a cable from the Wi-Fi antenna and the Bluetooth board should affect the wireless connectivity of your Xbox, but not the problem you are presenting.

I researched your problem and there are several factors why you could be experiencing this error: It could be a failed system update, a damaged hard drive or an incorrect system configuration.

To solve the problem, I recommend following the steps below:

- Restart your Xbox One console.

- If the problem persists, try resetting your Xbox One console to its factory settings, while keeping your games and apps.

- If the problem still persists, try performing an offline system update.

For additional information, you can take a look at the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/startup-error

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. iJai Win User

XBOX One Black screen of death.

I'm now experiencing what appears to be the same issue as Terrell Watson. My xbox had started behaving glitchy and slow for the past week or so. Then today at start up my Xbox One was stuck at the green loading screen for 10 plus minutes before the screen
    went black. My Xbox One then hung on a blank black screen forever sometimes displaying an icon for a few seconds before going completely black again.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one black screen

Usually, when the Xbox shows a black screen for quite some time during startup, it's because of a logical corruption of the file system. Maybe the console was shut down unexpectedly due to a crash or power outage.

Similar to a PC doing a checkdisk when it wasn't properly shut down, the console also checks it's file system for logical errors, which can take up to about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, while a PC at least shows a percentage counter or sometimes even lists
    which part of the file system it's checking, the Xbox One only shows an empty black screen.

So when the console shows you a black screen, let it run for about 10 to 15 minutes and see if it gets to the main Home Screen. Then try to restart the console by holding the Xbox button on the controller, and choosing the button to restart the console.

Does the console start faster without the black screen now?

If not, please use the Send Feedback button on that screen when you hold the controller's Xbox button to file an error report to the engineers at the Insider program.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one x not sending video or sound to tv

Are you able to get the troubleshooting screen?

Have you recently installed a system update? It may have failed.

Excerpt from System update solution

If you've just powered on your Xbox One console, and you see a black screen instead of the green Xbox startup animation screen, leave your console on the black screen for at least 10 minutes to see what happens.

Note A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. During startup, your console runs a full system check, validating the firmware and the operating
    system. These checks run in the background and can take several minutes to complete.

If your console remains stuck on the black screen for at least 10 minutes,

perform an offline system update

If you wait 10 minutes or longer and the black screen eventually transitions to another screen (for instance, to the Home screen, an image of the Xbox controller or the “Choose your Time Zone” screen), restore
    your console to factory defaults. To do this, follow the steps at
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one original turns on no signal detected

Hi Niteblew,

When you start the Xbox One console after rebooting, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup animation, your console runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware
    and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen. If the system check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is
    flagged by the system as “do not run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

In order to determine your troubleshooting steps, after pressing the Xbox button you'll need to leave your console on this black screen for at least 10 minutes.
    A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. The system checks described above run in the background and can take several minutes to complete. This may appear to be an error since you'll only see a black screen, but it can be completely normal
    except for the absence of the green startup animation screen. If after 10 minutes the screen remains black, you should attempt an offline system update (OSU).

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

• A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    • A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.
    Further instructions on how to complete an OSU and the required files to download can be found

here

If this also fails, then you would need to get a new console. I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen - Similar Threads - takes least minutes

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  4. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  5. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  6. How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?: I want to make a Microsoft account on my Playstation but every time I sign in it takes me to the xbox website. I don’t want that. So my question is, what do I do so I can play online with my...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. X box taking forever to do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box taking forever to do anything: This just started on my xbox this morning too. Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. I also have a 2TB external HD. Not the problem....
  9. How long would it take for my Minecraft account to be brought back?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long would it take for my Minecraft account to be brought back?: my ign went from Gamer_6451 to Gamer_6451_ because the hacker changed my IGN, the email and the password and i would like to know what i need to do to get the best change of recovering my account...
  10. Why is my appeal taking so long to get answered or at least tell me what about my gamerpic...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my appeal taking so long to get answered or at least tell me what about my gamerpic...: I got suspended for changing my gamertag to someone skydiving and I’ve had an appeal under review for two days now. And when I called twice to see if I could get a more specific source of...