My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. live support says its the preview program

Discus and support My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. live support says its the preview program in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. The system reads every other type of disc. Ive done all the troubleshooting multiple times. The problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Snowball2488, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Snowball2488
    Snowball2488 Guest

My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. live support says its the preview program

My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. The system reads every other type of disc. Ive done all the troubleshooting multiple times. The problem began September 17th and ive called at least four times and performed troubleshooting for several hours on
    different occasions to be told that it was a preview program issue. I contacted preview program and they confirmed that. However, they provided no follow up and the preview program forum has been down since I last got a response on October 14th. The policy
    stated that if it was deemed that my system malfunctioned to the preview program, that I would be compensated for a new system but im not getting any info at all

:)

Snowball2488, Nov 16, 2016
  2. ajeezie7
    ajeezie7 Guest
    xbox one won't read discs

Hi, ive recently updated my console via the preview programme and my xbox one has stopped reading discs.

Purchased a new game today and it won't even read the disc to begin installation of the game.

I contacted Xbox live support and I was given the troubleshooting options such as low power mode and a factory reset of my console. None of this helped, now the advisor has asked me to come post in here for some help.

My console is also making a mechanical noise and ive noticed its warping/melting the edges of my game discs.

ajeezie7, Nov 16, 2016
  3. ajeezie7
    ajeezie7 Guest
    Xbox one won't read discs

Hi, ive recently updated my console via the preview programme and my xbox one has stopped reading discs.

Purchased a new game today and it won't even read the disc to begin installation of the game.

I contacted Xbox live support and I was given the troubleshooting options such as low power mode and a factory reset of my console. None of this helped, now the advisor has asked me to come post in here for some help.

My console is also making a mechanical noise and ive noticed its warping/melting the edges of my game discs.

ajeezie7, Nov 16, 2016
  4. My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. live support says its the preview program

Hey there Snowball2488,

The issue you are referring to back in September was a known preview issue with the preview software, it has since been corrected though. The preview forums should also be up and running as well. Are you able to access it through this link

HERE
    ? If you're still experiencing an issue, only with Xbox 360 discs. Then you'll want to address your concern with the Preview Teams, they would also be able to assist with repair services if it's determined that the issue was caused by the preview
    program. If the issue with with all discs, then it's likely not a Preview program issue, but a hardware failure.

They'll be best to assist further though, please check in with the preview teams and let us know if you're having issues posting on the forum!

Mister Mascot, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Snowball2488
    Snowball2488 Guest
    I’m still having issues with my Xbox 360 discs and the updates have not fixed the issue

Snowball2488, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there Snowball2488,

The issue you are referring to back in September was a known preview issue with the preview software, it has since been corrected though. The preview forums should also be up and running as well. Are you able to access it through this link

HERE
    ? If you're still experiencing an issue, only with Xbox 360 discs. Then you'll want to address your concern with the Preview Teams, they would also be able to assist with repair services if it's determined that the issue was caused by the preview
    program. If the issue with with all discs, then it's likely not a Preview program issue, but a hardware failure.

They'll be best to assist further though, please check in with the preview teams and let us know if you're having issues posting on the forum!
  7. Snowball2488 Win User

I’m still having issues with my Xbox 360 discs and the updates have not fixed the issue

Hey there ,

HERE

8. paza76 Win User

Black Ops 2 Backwards Compatible Not Working

same my won't read the disc xbox support says it's the preview programme but they don't reply to anyone
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Preview program

The 360 preview is not the same as the xbox one preview.

You can not be invited by someone already in the preview program on the 360.

Support have given you the wrong information or just got confused with the xbox one preview.

Either way,you will not get in the 360 preview program.
  10. LegendaryH1tman Win User

My Xbox One will play Blu-ray discs but not DVDs

I am having the exact same problem. All disc including my DVDs and BackWards compatible Disc worked before, but after opting into the new experience through the preview program. None of my DVDs or or Xbox 360 game disc work anymore. Due to the fact that
    this I believe is due to the update to the new experience. I feel this falls on Microsoft fault to fix it.

I had no problems before and played all my disc, DVD format and BluRay no problems. Now I can only play Blurays and Xbox One disc. Did all the trouble shooting. Microsoft please figure something out with this issue. I believe your new preview update caused
    a problem with my Xbox One reading disc. All disc work perfectly fine on my Xbox 360. So I know its not the disc. And the Xbox One it's self works with Bluray format disc, there for I know it's not the hardware. It's your update.......so please fix it.
Thema:

1. My xbox one stopped reading xbox 360 discs. live support says its the preview program - Similar Threads - stopped reading 360

2. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  3. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...: My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs. bddf303c-080c-427b-936c-bff465775784
  4. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  5. Why has my Xbox’s online internet stopped working as good when it reads the statistics are fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my Xbox’s online internet stopped working as good when it reads the statistics are fine: Over the past 2 years I have had this console I have had amazing internet connection. In game I have previously gotten zero lag and or packet loss and my download speed has always ranged from...
  6. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  7. COD Ghost crashing non stop/Disc read error'imagefile65'. HELP PLS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Ghost crashing non stop/Disc read error'imagefile65'. HELP PLS: Hey all. I just finally got this game yesterday with the season pass. Today it's been crashing on me non stop. I can't even finish a round. While I'm playing it takes me out if the game,and takes...
  8. STOP SAYING READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT WHEN ITS TO LATE

in XBoX on Consoles
    STOP SAYING READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT WHEN ITS TO LATE: WHY do you people say after permanetly banned read the CODE OF CONDUCT?? whyy it is already to late and people that got permabanned will NOT make an new account...
  9. my payday 2 dont want to read it saids down load stop

in XBoX on Consoles
    my payday 2 dont want to read it saids down load stop: my payday 2 keep saying download stop I dont know why it keep saying that I just bought this game from GameStop used and it dont have no scratches or nothing please can any body help me...
  10. the drive stop read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    the drive stop read discs: I have a question, i live in KSA and i buy my X1 in 2014 from one of american retails in Ebay. and i want to know if the warranty still valid, because the x1's drive stop read discs. thank you...