My Xbox one shuts down when I try to play online games

Discus and support My Xbox one shuts down when I try to play online games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i try to play onlune games the xbox restarts (ive tried fortnite and many call of dutys) when the console restarts it says it shut off due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JC8617, Nov 13, 2020.

1. JC8617
    JC8617 Guest

When i try to play onlune games the xbox restarts (ive tried fortnite and many call of dutys) when the console restarts it says it shut off due to impropper ventalation no matter how long its been running. I can play non multiplayer games like skyrim and
    fallout 4 with no issues

:)

JC8617, Nov 13, 2020
  2. TheNotoriousFir Win User

My Xbox One shuts down if I try to play games

Update: I'm not sure if this matters, fairly certain it dosent, but this happened the same day that I had this problem with destiny. I don't like destiny and I stopped playing it. It's the only game I have on disc, so I always just left it in my Xbox. Yesterday
    I accidently installed it, got upset so I tried to uninstall it and it wouldnt let me, it would literally do nothing. I tried everything to get rid of it and It wouldn't let me. I kept getting annoying update messages and I finnaly removed it from my Xbox
    to no avail. Then this larger problem occurred and I only noticed today that it let me uninstall it, but it won't leave my game section. And, before you ask, I've tried many games online and offline games have the same problem, meaning they have the same root
    cause. The only game unaffected is terraria, leading me to believe it is a problem with ram or something and larger games have more system load and after some kind of threshold the Xbox shuts off.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there,

That's definitely an odd one. Let's start off by holding the power button until your Xbox One fully powers down, and then remove the power cable from the back to let it sit powerless for 5 minutes. If the issue continues after trying that out, try a

Factory Restore on your Xbox One console
    by selecting 'Reset and keep my games and apps'.

Hope this helps!
  4. TheNotoriousFir Win User

Update 2: Oddly enough, the game smite does not turn off the xbox when I get in the game, but right as I get to the god selection lobby. This goes against what I thought was causing the problem because I'm not loading much at all, just connecting to players.
    Unless there is something I don't understand about power usage, this seems like a software problem. In GTA online I can connect and load in but only for a second, every time. But Smite causes it to shut down the moment I connect to other players, without loading
    much of anything. I am very confused.
  5. juan van Win User

Buzzing Disc drive

I had this happen to me yesterday - I shut the console down, did not play any games the whole time I was online.

And then the drive just spun up like a top after I shut it down - but usually I shut my power strip off after I am done playing so it stopped when I did that.

Can anyone post a youtube video of it?

I am going to try to reproduce it tonight.
  6. Misses Joust Win User

my xbox is shutting itself down when I try to play disc game

DoctorFergy, please stick to one thread per issue. Locking this one as well.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one shuts down when I try to play online games - Similar Threads - shuts down try

2. Xbox shutting down mid game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down mid game: Hello, I bought a new Xbox series x about 6-8 months ago and just recently it has been giving me problems. The Xbox will run fine for a little bit then when start to play games or launch games it...
  3. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  4. What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games: Okay so i live a little off the grid and as a result my Internet drops off from time to time. I've recently just bought gears tactics (a single player only game mind you) and when my Internet...
  5. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  6. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  7. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  8. Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!

in XBoX on Windows
    Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!: I bought the Splatterhouse DLC years ago on an old Acc. which i can't access anymore, now i wanted to buy them again, but shockingly had to realize the complete Game was taken off the store!...
  9. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  10. Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up: Apps like Netflix work fine, but every time I try to load any game up, it just shuts off immediately. No error codes or anything. It has been serviced by microsoft around 2 months ago due to a...