My Xbox one says it has a wired IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged in.

Discus and support My Xbox one says it has a wired IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged in. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox one says it has a wired IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged in. My Xbox one says it has an IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TogaTiger, Oct 27, 2017.

1. TogaTiger
    TogaTiger Guest

My Xbox one says it has a wired IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged in.

My Xbox one says it has an IPv4 connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged in. Also I don’t know much about technology so if you could dumb it down that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

TogaTiger, Oct 27, 2017
  2. Xbox says wired connection when no Ethernet cable is present.

Xbox says wired connection when no Ethernet cable is plugged into it. When i have an Ethernet cable plugged into it it says that it is not connected but when i unplug that cable it says wired connection. It also assigns it a local IP address, but if I plug
    an Ethernet cable into it, all of this goes away and it just says not connected. It doesn't matter if the other end of the Ethernet cable is plugged into a router or not, still does the exact same thing. When it is plugged into the router, no activity lights
    are on so it isn't even seeing the router or getting an IP address from it. I have tried multiple routers, multiple Ethernet cords, reset the console and the network settings multiple times, contacted xbox support and no one can help me. Please Help!

PrimeMosquito62, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Reve7Vge CA
    Reve7Vge CA Guest
    Xbox One Ethernet Port Problem

Hello, I've had an Xbox One since day one and I have a wired connection.

Recently, I have been experiencing a network problem. The xbox does not recognize a wired connection. I get a different error message when I test my network than the ones posted in the support documents. Mine says "Not Connected: Your network is not set
    up" There is no set up wired connection option anymore. Wireless set up option works. In the network settings, under current network status it says, "Not connected, to connect plug in an ethernet cable or set up wireless network."

I have tried three different ethernet cables and two different wall ports that connect to my router. None work. When I test the same cables and ports but instead plug the other end into my laptop, I get a full signal. This leads me to believe that the xbox
    one ethernet port is broken. And yes the cable in the back of the xbox is fully plugged in, it makes that "clicking lock" sound.

The thing is, my wired connection has been working fine for the last month with my xbox one until now. Recently I have been unplugging the ethernet cable from the xbox one and plugging it into my 360 to go back to play other games. When i switch back to
    the xbox one, it normally reconnects correctly until today. Any advice or do I need to send my xbox one in for repairs?

Thanks

Reve7Vge CA, Oct 27, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: