My Xbox One S Will not connect to wifi due to a ‘hardware problem’

Discus and support My Xbox One S Will not connect to wifi due to a ‘hardware problem’ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve exhausted various troubleshooting steps starting off with the simple on and off technique, including router resets, alternative MAC addresses,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SpannerrW, Nov 17, 2023.

1. SpannerrW
    SpannerrW Guest

I’ve exhausted various troubleshooting steps starting off with the simple on and off technique, including router resets, alternative MAC addresses, console hard restarts, as well as testing in different rooms. Despite these efforts, my Xbox still won’t connect to WiFi. Interestingly, my housemate’s Xbox and all other devices connect without issues.

:)

SpannerrW, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few tips to troubleshoot your game:
    1. Power cycle your machine.
    2. Test your network connection.
    3. Try using a different profile.
    4. Remove and re-add your profile.
    5. Reset your console to default settings.
    6. Use ethernet cable.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Manny on Xbox Win User

im trying to connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one but it says hardware problem does anyone have a solution?

its says i have a hardware problem when i try to connect wireless my wifi is connecting to everything like my phone laptop but not my xbox one
  4. Malacath Win User

Destiny Crucible breaks xbox ones wifi adaptor.

I've already looked at that. No amount of port forwarding etc will fix the wifi adaptor on the xbox one failing due to a bug in the February system software update

The problem is the game causing the wifi adaptor to no longer be able to connect to wifi. It doesn't seem to effect wired connections. I've now wired my xbox to a wifi bridge to get round the problem but I shouldn't have to use a wifi bridge.

The problem started with the February system software update. It is not caused by NAT issues
  5. Mattyb71 Win User

Xbox One S Wifi Issues

Just a quick update, had to send the console back because it literally wasn't connecting to live at all today and yesterday. I just got to wait for a replacement, hopefully it's a hardware problem because everything works just fine on the Wifi it was just
    the Xbox one S that just didn't want to know.
  6. Shawnbands Win User

Xbox issues connecting to a wireless network

My wifi won't connect to my xbox hardware
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S Will not connect to wifi due to a ‘hardware problem’ - Similar Threads - connect wifi due

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  4. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  5. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  6. Wifi connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connection.: I just got an xbox series x and it won't connect to the wifi. It says my password is incorrect. 5dff2def-f696-473a-a4c1-c8cb04521e7a
  7. What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?: I've had my Xbox one s for a little over a year now. It was gifted to me by my brother in law. I don't know how long he has had it, but I know it was in storage for a while. The WiFi on it has...
  8. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  9. How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router: It keeps saying that it is not connecting to the wifi router itself even though it says the wifi signal is 100% and now i cant get my profile to sync anymore. At first i thought it was because my...
  10. Xbox 360 can't connect to WiFi due to needing browser login

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to WiFi due to needing browser login: Hello everyone. I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my internet, but it requires using the browser to login to the network. Everytime I try to open the browser it just takes a while to load and...