My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...

Discus and support My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up and doesn't turn on...what could be the problem?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shaheed Suripersad, Aug 26, 2023.

1. My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...

My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up and doesn't turn on...what could be the problem?

:)

Shaheed Suripersad, Aug 26, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or turn on but both the power button and eject button makes a sound when I press it

Hello Shaheed! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Unfortunately it could be multiple things. However, there are a few things you could try. First thing would be to power cycle the console by removing the power cord for a short amount of time.

If its plugged into an extension, then try plugging directly into the wall in case the extension is not providing enough power. You could also try a different power lead.

If all of the above does not work, then it sounds like it needs to be serviced.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Reset my Xbox and started having problems

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Which Xbox do you have? Have you tried resetting the Xbox's display settings?

If there's a disc in the console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

You'll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start-up in low resolution mode (the Xbox start-up screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note: If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console doesn't have an Eject button.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

Hello Callidus F! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Series S. Sounds like you have already done a lot of triage to get it working. Have you tried forcing it into Low Res Mode to see if that works? I have put the procedure below.

Press and hold the Power button and the Pair button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You'll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start-up in low resolution mode (the Xbox start-up screen will appear slightly pixelated).

If that doesn't work, sounds like the console needs a service.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

xbox series S shows unsupported mode after I changed the resolution

Just to confirm, are you trying to do the steps below in sequence?

If there's a disc in the console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.

In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480).
  6. Horizoom Win User

XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

Hi Samy,

No that did not make a difference.

When I follow the proceedure the power LED does not light up for 2-3 seconds, then I get the double beep for starting.

After 10 seconds or so the power LED pulses brighter. I can hear fans spinning inside.

Sometimes when holding sync and pressing the power button the console fails to start.

It will start if the power button is held.

On a normal start up the power button lights instantly along with the startup beep.

I have never had a beep anthing after the 2-3 second power up beep.

It always shuts off after 60-70 seconds - no display.
Thema:

My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...

1. My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or... - Similar Threads - makes beep sound

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...: Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " # " system xbox report program is not counting this as harassment please help they are posting daily about...
  4. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  5. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  6. Xbox makes high pitch beeps from power bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes high pitch beeps from power bit: My Xbox makes a high pitch beeping noise from the main power bit when I plug the cable in, I recently spilt water on my Xbox but not that much damage I don’t think. I don’t know how to fix...
  7. Xbox One S won’t connect to TV and is making 4 beeping noise and a continuous scratching noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won’t connect to TV and is making 4 beeping noise and a continuous scratching noise: My Xbox was acting weird so I turned it off then when I turned it back on it gave my a black screen so I reset it now there’s a kind of scratching noise coming from it and sometimes 4 beeps...
  8. Xbox One will only beep (make the initial turn on noise) - but doesn't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will only beep (make the initial turn on noise) - but doesn't turn on: And I've tried unplugging it altogether, disconnecting it from the power brick (which has a steady orange light), as well as pressing the eject button repeatedly (with & without pressing the...
  9. xbox turns on the make a beep like it turns on

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox turns on the make a beep like it turns on: My xbox 360 slim turns on then off after making the beep if its going to turn on but it doesn't the CD tray will open all the way and close all the when pushing the button for the tray and then...
  10. XBOX360 will not power up but will make beep sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 will not power up but will make beep sounds: My xbox 360 will not power up, but will beep and come with green light as well the power brick will light up green and back to orange light in a seconds. I found out with support chat with xbox...