My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds

Discus and support My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One S dead! I turn it on with controls but nothing happened, then push the power button from console, X light working make initial sound but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArturoEspindola, Mar 15, 2021.

1. My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds

Xbox One S dead!

I turn it on with controls but nothing happened, then push the power button from console, X light working make initial sound but does not send image to screen, while on its making a bip bip noise, after some seconds on xbox just turns off and even been shut down it stills making the same noise and fan continue working. Last thing I did with xbox was watching Netflix, next day continued failing.

I bought this xbox about 1 year and 3 months ago, after the last update games has crashed several times and take me back to Xbox dashboard. All the games I have are digital, non CD has been inside. Its totally ventilated and has non scratch and even use it that much, most of the time I use it to watch movies.

Obviously I'm out of xbox warranty, but I truly believe it's a problem caused by last update and how can be that this console just last almost a year its insane.

I would like to have some feedback or advices.

I'm from Mexico that's why video is on Spanish.

https://youtu.be/lwLjz18UVXE

:)

ArturoEspindola, Mar 15, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @ArturoEspindola, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still getting the same issue, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Since the console is an all digital one, click on the "Bind" button, after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the button. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

In case all previously mentioned troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. SleepiestPascal Win User

Xbox360

Yes, he make some noise when i shut him down.

i thought even as the ps2 when you will shut down you must hold it a few seconds, i thought is was an update thats doing that by the xbox like the ps2.

Thanks a lot!
  4. Andy McNizy Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

My second Xbox one s and the noise is doing my head in it's a loud fan and buzzing is this just me or is this meant to be making this noise
  5. Thegoatgamer Win User

xbox series x making wrong sound when opening menu and games

Hello thanks for responding,

When the surround speakers are off i still get the noise through my headphones, The headphones i use are jbl quantum 400 . When i got my xbox series x i didnt get the noise but 3 months later after i got it it started making those noises. Also I did not power off my xbox i used to fully shut down it from settings

My friend who plays with an xbox series x doesnt shut down it and he doesnt get the double sound when he clicks on games but he still doesnt get the sound when he goes back from home. Also when you open home and then go on a game from home and click more options on a game (from where you quit a game) then it starts making the right noises but when you shut down the xbox and power it on again it starts doing it again.

Thanks
  6. aka 3Pyrot3 Win User

When playing split screen after every match we get kicked to dashboard as soon as the match is over!! Is anyone else having this problem??

hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds the console will make a noise different to a normal power down. After the console is completely shut down turn it back on and that will have cleared your problem. To be able to tell if it has worked when
    you go to start a game it will say syncing this shows that the Xbox has remembered all saved date on your console. This information was given to me by an Xbox assistant when I had problems.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S it's making noise, doesn't start and shut down after some seconds - Similar Threads - making noise doesn't

2. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  3. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  4. Xbox one x makes a buzzibg noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x makes a buzzibg noise: My xbox one x make a weird funny noise like a buzzing noise when it plugged in only just started doing it today i can turn it on for a sec and then xbox goes straight off wont even put on the xbox...
  5. My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n: My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be on I tried everything unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall even changing wall outlets...
  6. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  7. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  8. Xbox One power box making a buzzer noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One power box making a buzzer noise: Hello, my name is Connor and I bought my Xbox One back on November 22nd 2013 and just now I had a problem with the power box that powers my Xbox, while I was playing a game, it started making some...
  9. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...