My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline...

Discus and support My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline update. But nothing works. I even took it to a repair shop... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay B4, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Jay B4
    Jay B4 Guest

My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline...

My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline update. But nothing works. I even took it to a repair shop to check for any hardware issues. Per the technician the only way to fix is wait for the next update and try. There is nothing else we can try. Is it fact, that no other fixes are available than to wait for an update and hope it works!

:)

Jay B4, Jan 15, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline update. But nothing works.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps:

1. Power cycle both console and router

- To disconnect and reconnect your console: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds, and then unplug the console's power cable and wait 10 seconds. Plug the power cable back in, and then press the Xbox button on the front of your console to turn it back on.

2. Try using both wireless and wired connections (if possible try using a mobile hotspot as well).

3. If it still didn't work, please bring up the Xbox Troubleshooter menu and reset the console (keep my games and apps).

-Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection then power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

-Wait 30 seconds.

-Plug the power cord back in.

-Press and hold the BIND button (the one used to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox Power button on the console.

-Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds and listen for two power-up tones a couple of seconds apart.

-Once you hear the 2nd tones please release the button.

-If this is successful the Xbox will turn on and should start and show the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. On the Troubleshooter page, please select Reset this Xbox and then choose "Keep games and apps".

4. If it didn't help, perform an Offline System Update by following the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. aldiggitty Win User

Xbox One froze whilst updating today

This is ridiculous. My XBOX One was stuck on 66% while applying the online update for hours. I decided to shut it off and cross my fingers. No luck. I got stuck on the loading screen. I have now tried a offline USB update and it is again stuck at 66%. Having
    to do a factory reset is not a solution Microsoft. Please don't ignore this issue Microsoft.
  4. Dr34dNot Win User

Start up error

I am having a similar problem but mine was after an attempted system update, Error code E100.

About three weeks ago I attempted an update on my Xbox One. It had been off for a couple weeks so the update itself may be a couple months old. It downloaded and installed but will not apply the update, it instead
    brings me to the uh-oh page (troubleshooting). I have tried re-installing, reset to factory default saving game info then re-installing, reset to factory default losing game info then reinstalling, and offline update, and now wired connection update. Nothing
    has worked. I am stuck on the troubleshooting page. Tried hard reset (power), still nothing. I need help on this one please.
  5. Asad Hussein Win User

Can't move in menu at all

Hello,

I have sort of a similar issue. I literally cant even get into my xbox one s. If I power it on, it wont even display anything. And when it finally does, I tried everything to fix it like an Offline update and factory reset. The factory reset worked for awhile,
    until I couldn't download anything. It also glitched like you said. Nothing would respond. I go to refresh the xbox and it gives me the error message again. I feel like it has something to do with the update because my xbox one s isn't even that old.
  6. Pizzavessel14 Win User

xbox is stuck restarting

I tried this too and nothing. It wouldn't let me set up the Xbox afterwards because it needed that update. Before I factory reseted it, it had 3 options. "Update" "play offline" and "turn off console." After the factory reset I was then stuck on the setup with only two options "update" and "turn off console." When I tried to update my console refused to turn on again like it was doing before
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S has been stuck on updating at 83%. I have tried reset, factory reset, offline... - Similar Threads - has been stuck

2. My Xbox network storage has been stuck at 99% and I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox network storage has been stuck at 99% and I don't know what to do.: Hello, Cult of Hope here and I have been having an issue for a long time and I have no clue what to do. Basically when I tried to upload a clip to the Xbox network, it told me that I didn't have...
  3. I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a £5 Xbox Gift card from Microsoft Rewards but it has been stuck "in process"...: They are doing nothing and has been over 60 days, what else can I do now? Generic email sent as reply - no proactive contact from them otherwise. I now have 5 copies of the same email from...
  4. Why has my fallout 4 been stuck like this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my fallout 4 been stuck like this?: [img] I can't delete it from the queue, move it, or pause it. I have also tried to delete the app and redownload it but it stays there. 3d095b12-28ad-41e5-becb-faf53c9f0011
  5. My Xbox has been stuck on step 3 of 3 at 79% for a while now and it doesn’t look like it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has been stuck on step 3 of 3 at 79% for a while now and it doesn’t look like it’s...: My Xbox has been stuck on step 3 of 3 at 79% for a while now and it doesn’t look like it’s going to change, anything I can do? 560d1805-1c80-48ab-abad-5f004b23ff52
  6. I have been trying to reedeem a gamepass code but it has been stuck in loading for ever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to reedeem a gamepass code but it has been stuck in loading for ever: I purchased a xbox gamepass subscription online for 1 month and tried reedeeming it on my xbox s but it has been stuck loading forever now, i tried going to the website and try to reedeem the code...
  7. I have been playing Xbox cloud gaming and it has been working for months. But I am stuck in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been playing Xbox cloud gaming and it has been working for months. But I am stuck in...: i dont know howw to fix it e31de86d-520a-4b32-bb82-f0bcce515e59
  8. Arma reforger has been stuck at 100%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Arma reforger has been stuck at 100%: Every game and app I try to install is stuck at 100% and won't change a7a0b8f9-5eab-4f84-a7ed-bdaed706d111
  9. No INSTALL / PLAY button to be found. I need help, my Minecraft W10 has been stuck on beta...

in XboX Insiders
    No INSTALL / PLAY button to be found. I need help, my Minecraft W10 has been stuck on beta...: There's no INSTALL / PLAY button to be found on my Microsoft store, I need help. submitted by /u/BlackSpyder714 [link] [comments]
  10. My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.: I have not played my Xbox in awhile due to a broken controller and have been attempting to update it, but the percentage remains at 2% and 749 MegaBytes (it has been 9 hours). submitted by...