My Xbox One S freezes on a game and wont turn on

Discus and support My Xbox One S freezes on a game and wont turn on in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I was playing WWE 2K23 on my Xbox it suddenly froze but when I press the home button on the controller it would come up with the menu and if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by elys brown, Jun 25, 2023.

1. elys brown
    elys brown Guest

When I was playing WWE 2K23 on my Xbox it suddenly froze but when I press the home button on the controller it would come up with the menu and if I hold on the button it would come up with the turn off console, turn off controller and restart console options.

I turned off the console and it took a while to turn off but when it did I turned it back on and it made the turn on sound but didn't load or turn on and after around 30 seconds to 1 minute it would turn off. Then I turned it back on and it done the same thing.

Eventually I reset the Xbox by bringing up the troubleshoot screen and clicked reset and then I clicked keep games and apps then when I started it all up again it still freezes and when I bring up the menu and go to the game and click the options button on my controller to try and click close application it freezes before the close application option comes up and then when I turn it off and turn it on again it does the same thing and I have to keep resetting it in order to play for a bit until it freezes and doesn't turn on.

But it is not just on WWE 2K23 it is on every thing the home screen, the Xbox menu, any game or app.

Hopefully I can get some help on this problem.

:)

elys brown, Jun 25, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, elys. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue with your Xbox. Have you tried resetting your console completely? Try performing a power cycle first before the reset. If the issue

persists even after the reset or after trying all the steps here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne..., I am afraid you need to consider getting your console repaired,
  3. elys brown Win User

Hey, Kimmy. Thank you for the help. Sorry but it didn't work. I think I will have to get my console repaired.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hello, Elys! Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time with me today and for trying to fix the issue. You can check if you can still send it for repair here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... but if not, you can get it checked to any local repair shop near you.
  5. iV L3G3NDz T1M Win User

Xbox One S freezing

6. piercemyers69 Win User

Agent Chat support

hello

My Xbox keeps freezing during games is an Xbox one s and every time i try to play the division or forza horizon 3 the game will freeze and the game will quit or the Xbox will turn off entirely. Im pretty annoyed with this as I cannot play my expensive games
    for more than 15 minutes.

please help.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S freezes on a game and wont turn on - Similar Threads - freezes game wont

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  4. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  5. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  6. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  7. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  8. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  9. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  10. Nba 2k23 wont advance to online game freezes up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nba 2k23 wont advance to online game freezes up: Nba 2k23 online game wont start just freezes up?? a4d0635c-94e2-43c4-a3b8-4b249ae55d8f