My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

Discus and support My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pokemidget, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Pokemidget
    Pokemidget Guest

My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot but it didn't work. I really hope it doesn't need professional repair, please tell me what's wrong

:)

Pokemidget, Dec 21, 2023
  2. WPAK Win User

My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It can never quite get running though

3. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox one s fan constantly loud/fast even when idle.

Hey there!

Thanks for posting. Has there been any performance issues that have occurred in correlation to the fan noise? If the fan kicks in while idle, that mainly indicates that your Xbox One S could be in the process of applying any pending updates.

One thing we can try out is fully powering down your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, remove power from the back, and let it sit for 5 minutes before plugging everything back in. Aside from that, my main recommendation is to keep an eye on
    the behavior of the Xbox One S. If you notice that the fan noise becomes more and more audible as time goes on, or performance related issues start popping up, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!
  4. M4STOD0N Win User

Games keep crashing on start up

My issues also started just after the update. system keeps turning itself off. Tried a factory reset, which seemed to keep it running longer, but not long enough to install a game or do anything. This patch practically bricked it, even if they release a
    fix I don't know if my console will stay on long enough to get it. I've been a huge xbox fan, but what good is a console that won't turn on, this is crazy.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox360

If it's a S or E model console, the console has a thermal sensor built in. So if the console detects overheating, it will automatically shut down.

So you can keep your Xbox 360 running for as long as you like continuously.

But keep in mind, that there are still mechanical components like fans and the hard drive, with bearings that eventually wear out.

So if you're not actively playing on the console, I'd still turn it off.

If you want to keep it running because of large downloads, just enable the background downloading in the settings. That way, you can start a download, and turn the console off. The console will then go into a low power mode, and continue downloading, and
    won't run as hot as during interactive operation. Less heat means less fan movement, which prolongs the life of the fan's bearing.

Or do you have other reasons why you would keep the console running for 10 hours?
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one S - power does not turn on

Hello Sadruddin1,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One S is turning off as soon as you try turning it on. We have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for an Xbox One that won't turn on
    . Also, we suggest making sure that the console is plugged directly into a wall outlet. Be sure to let us know the results
    Sadruddin1!
Thema:

1. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It... - Similar Threads - console won't turn

2. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  3. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  4. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  5. My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...: Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating screen. It starts updating to 65% and then the...
  6. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  7. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  8. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  9. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50
  10. My console won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console won't turn on: Xbox won't turn on and I am looking for repair caa54384-2a73-45c5-8373-f76d3b9e96aa