My Xbox One Kinect doesn't work for multiplayer chat but can hear voice commands?

Discus and support My Xbox One Kinect doesn't work for multiplayer chat but can hear voice commands? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried going to settings and turning on the Kinect for chat but it didn't work. I also tried unplugging and plugging back in but it didn't work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICORONA13, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ICORONA13
    ICORONA13 Guest

My Xbox One Kinect doesn't work for multiplayer chat but can hear voice commands?

I tried going to settings and turning on the Kinect for chat but it didn't work. I also tried unplugging and plugging back in but it didn't work either.

:)

ICORONA13, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Sicarius V
    Sicarius V Guest
    Mic icon always there on Xbox one even when a mic is not connected

When I go into a multiplayer game i.e Battlefield 4 it says I have a mic connected and no I don't have the kinect plugged in or the chat headset. So why is it showing? Also my chat headset sometimes doesn't pick up my voice.. Like it will work for maybe
    10 or 20 minutes then just stop working but I can still hear my friends?! Any help to give me please!

Sicarius V, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Spallywag
    Spallywag Guest
    Issues with party chat on XBox One

In the past week whenever I or my friends start a party I can hear them fine but they cannot hear me, I'm using the standard XBox One headset but I've tried using Kinect and that doesn't work either. My XBox responds to voice commands and when I speak in
    party the little green circle lights up (both using the headset and Kinect), everyone's NAT is set to open, I've restarted my console numerous times, as have my friends; we've tried game chat which doesn't work either, it's pretty annoying.

Spallywag, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Audio/Microphone Issues

@Mister Urkel - same issue here, here is my setup.

I am using a Tritton Gears of War 5.1 Surround headset. The mic cable on this was designed to work on Xbox 360, so the microphone isn't plugged in at all. Which is good, because then there's no way for the headset to interfere with the Kinect.

The headset is plugged in to the Optical Out on the back of the Xbox One. The Mic Cable doesn't interact with the system at all, it actually connects to a little volume control which is about halfway between the headset and the mixer box. So, the mic cable
    isn't plugged in at all.

Now, with the "Use Kinect for Chat" option turned on, when I go into CoD Ghosts multiplayer, the Kinect Mic does not work. I can issue Voice Commands and participate in Party Chat, however the regular "in-game voice" does not work. So, if I'm just talking
    to people in a free-for-all match, they don't hear me (also, there is no Microphone icon next to my name in the lobby.) If I plug in my wired Xbox Headset that came with the One, I can be heard, but the audio goes to the Xbox headset, so I can't hear other
    voices in my headphones anymore.
  5. RakkaDisciprine Win User

3 hard resets since update...?

I've been having issues with the Kinect mic. Twice now, the "Xbox On" command has worked, but then the Kinect has failed to recognize commands. It still hears things as shown by the mic calibration tool, but just doesn't do anything. A hard reset gets it
    working again, but it's frustrating when this update was supposed to improve voice commands.
  6. USARMYMILITARY Win User

Kinect commands

7. ShadowChaser36 Win User

XBOX One, Two consoles one Room???

Doesn't the new Kinect have voice recognition as well? So if one person signs in by saying "Xbox on", the Kinect will only respond to their voice commands?
  8. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Cortana and Kinect problem

Hi Rgiskard,

sorry to hear.Maybe a misunderstanding or false Country or because my One works with INSIDER?? Here my Kinect still work?? And I found this at the XBOX Support

"Where is cortana?"

f you have a Kinect connected to your Xbox One, you can use

Xbox voice commands
    . This means you can use commands like “Xbox, go home,” “Xbox, pause,” and “Xbox, record that” to control your console. If you were previously using Cortana voice commands, you’ll automatically switch over to Xbox voice commands.

If you haven’t used voice commands before, go to
    Settings > Devices & Streaming >
    Kinect to enable.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One Kinect doesn't work for multiplayer chat but can hear voice commands? - Similar Threads - Kinect doesn't multiplayer

2. Is there a resolution as to why Sport Kinect doesn't work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a resolution as to why Sport Kinect doesn't work?: Xbox Sport Kinect game stop working suddenly. I bought another one and they both says unrecognized disc. All my other disc works fine. df6fe896-83f8-462b-817f-e22754fa519c
  3. Kinect 2.0 doesn't work while using the companion app

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect 2.0 doesn't work while using the companion app: Good evening! Does anyone know why you can't use the Kinect while streaming the console's image with the companion app? I couldn't find anything related! submitted by /u/GustavoMdancers...
  4. APPS won't load and my xbox one X sometimes doesn't reconise my kinect camera

in XBoX Games and Apps
    APPS won't load and my xbox one X sometimes doesn't reconise my kinect camera: My xbox one x has some issues. 1- It won't reconise my kinect camera quiet regulary & I have to unplug & replug it in to get it working. 2- Quiet often my apps just won't load and i'm told it took...
  5. Kinect doesn't work on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect doesn't work on Xbox One: Hi, Strangly I have 2 cases where a Kinect doesn't work, and 1 was working before a firmware update (can't tell whether that was a kinect firmware update as well). I'll explain both; I have a...
  6. Kinect doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect doesn't work: Hy, today when i turned on my console my kinect didn't turn on and my xbox is stucked in the "xbox one" green display. I tried to unplug the kinect and restart the console (following the...
  7. Kinect still doesn't work

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect still doesn't work: Hello all, I'm on alpha skip ahead ring and since 3 update Kinect doesn't work. It is be been recognize by my Xbox One X ( I've the adaptator) but doesn't work. I try this steps : " If your...
  8. Kinect doesn't work but recognize

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect doesn't work but recognize: Hello all Since the last alpha skip ahead update kinect doesn't work. I m on xbox one x so I have the adapter for kinect I redid the connections and everything is nickel When I plug USB cable on...
  9. Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on: Since the latest update, no voice commands work when my Xbox One is on. I can still do "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox", but once it's on it doesn't work - done the Kinect Can't Hear Me and all...
  10. Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on: Since the latest update, no voice commands work when my Xbox One is on. I can still do "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox", but once it's on it doesn't work - done the Kinect Can't Hear Me and all...