My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help?

Discus and support My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself. It is usually late at night, I wake up in the morning or if it's been off for more than a couple of hours and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pharm o Cyst, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Pharm o Cyst
    Pharm o Cyst Guest

My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself. It is usually late at night, I wake up in the morning or if it's been off for more than a couple of hours and the xbox is on. It turns my TV on, but not my cable box, and my tv is dim. Then when I get my controller,
    my TV stays dim until I turn my xbox off and back on again. I've seen this asked in other forums, so I know im not the only one, but from their threads, it seems like moderators are giving generic answers, marking the post as "resolved" when the issue isn't
    fixed. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.

:)

Pharm o Cyst, Apr 7, 2014
  2. Turns on by its self

my Xbox one keeps turning on by itself. Why? Help

Bobmuspinkleton, Apr 7, 2014
  3. Help

my xbox keeps turning on by its self why

MingledAbyss138, Apr 7, 2014
  4. Sk3mo
    Sk3mo Guest

I too have this problem. Every morning when I wake I, I come in to a TV that is dim, a cable box that is on, and an Xbox One that is on. I've googled this and there doesn't appear to be an answer. Do I have a faulty Xbox (I just got it less than a week
    ago) that needs returned? Or is there another answer?

Sk3mo, May 29, 2014
  5. ExodusBro
    ExodusBro Guest
    I've had this issues a couple times, but not in a while.. Did you try the power button reset? Holding for 30 seconds or so, till the fans and everything shuts down, then unplugging for 2 mins.. I did that for another issue and have not had this issue since
    either..

ExodusBro, May 29, 2014
  6. DannyMiami10
    DannyMiami10 Guest
    I had the same problem yesterday . I left my house when I got back the xbox was on. And the tv was dim. Around 4am it turned it self back on. Today I unplugged everything hope that won't happen again.

DannyMiami10, Jun 15, 2014
  7. jiggasta
    jiggasta Guest
    I too have been having this problem every day since the new commercials came out. I could see my xbox turn on when he said xbox on. However the last couple days I have unplugged my kinect and it is still turning on. Today I woke up to find it not only on,
    but a game was loaded, and tv was snapped(even though it's not setup or have ever used it). I'm about to send Microsoft a bill as there's a noticeable jump in my electric bill since the xbox has been deciding to play itself.

I should point out that I live alone and it's not like I have friends or kids or even a pet to turn it on in the middle of the night.

jiggasta, Jun 16, 2014
  8. jiggasta
    jiggasta Guest

As I was typing this it loaded xbox fitness by itself. Seriously. Wtf is going on with my xbox I have been trying to get replaced for the last 7 months now.

jiggasta, Jun 16, 2014
  9. lobetastic
    lobetastic Guest
    I also have this issue, picked up a kinect-less xbox one two weeks ago. I tried turning off auto updates thinking that could be it, but no avail. There really isnt a setting i see?

lobetastic, Jun 30, 2014
  10. Hey there lobetastic!

In order for us to provide a tailored support experience, please create your own thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Jul 3, 2014
  11. SpudsyD
    SpudsyD Guest
    I'm bumping this up because my Xbox One just started doing this yesterday. We turn it off, it turns itself back on within an hour. The screen is dimmed and won't light up even when we use a controller. Auto-sign-in is off as is the ability to turn on the
    Xbox using Kinect.

SpudsyD, Aug 22, 2014
  12. Hey there, SpudsyD! Please post a new thread like Mister Quimby states above you. We'd like to give you individual support. My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help? :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  13. SpudsyD Win User

I'm bumping this up because my Xbox One just started doing this yesterday. We turn it off, it turns itself back on within an hour. The screen is dimmed and won't light up even when we use a controller. Auto-sign-in is off as is the ability to turn on the
    Xbox using Kinect.
  14. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there lobetastic!

In order for us to provide a tailored support experience, please create your own thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  15. lobetastic Win User

I also have this issue, picked up a kinect-less xbox one two weeks ago. I tried turning off auto updates thinking that could be it, but no avail. There really isnt a setting i see?
  16. Sk3mo Win User

I too have this problem. Every morning when I wake I, I come in to a TV that is dim, a cable box that is on, and an Xbox One that is on. I've googled this and there doesn't appear to be an answer. Do I have a faulty Xbox (I just got it less than a week
    ago) that needs returned? Or is there another answer?
  17. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, SpudsyD! Please post a new thread like Mister Quimby states above you. We'd like to give you individual support. :)
Thema:

1. My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help? - Similar Threads - keeps turning itself

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  4. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  5. If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...: What if I never got warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at logo when I turn it on what does that mean exactly and then sometimes I have disc in it says their no disc...
  6. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  7. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  8. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?: I will go into my settings and turn it on, then when i come out of my settings and go back in; the game bar has turned itself off? fe33ff60-1ebf-4d03-ae60-bb9afb6f4b2d
  9. Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off: Hey all! I’ve had my series x for about 15 months now and it’s been great up until last week or so. All of a sudden it started to shut itself off and turn itself back on again after only a few...
  10. Alpha Skip Ahead - Console Keeps Turning off by itself

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead - Console Keeps Turning off by itself: I've used the Report A Problem, just seeing if anyone else has this experience. My xbox will turn off by itself, regardless of whether I'm playing a game or an app. Sometimes it won't turn off for...