My xbox one is turning itself on randomly, please help!

Discus and support My xbox one is turning itself on randomly, please help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I went upstairs this morning and my xbox one was on. I shut it off, went back downstairs and then maybe 20 mins later I heard the xbox one power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mystacide528, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Mystacide528
    Mystacide528 Guest

I went upstairs this morning and my xbox one was on. I shut it off, went back downstairs and then maybe 20 mins later I heard the xbox one power itself back on. It is still on. I do have the keep my apps and games up to date, but do not have the instant
    on feature turned on. Only started happening after latest update.

:)

Mystacide528, Sep 22, 2017
  2. mcand34
    mcand34 Guest
    new xbox 250gb disc tray opens and closes randomly by itself.

my new xbox 250gb console keeps turning itself on and ejecting tray randomly by itself. anyone else having same problem? please any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcand34, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Xbox randomly turns itself on and off

my Xbox has started turning itself on and off randomly.... sometimes while I'm playing a game, other times while I'm just watching tv... why doesn't it do this??!! PLEASE HELP!!!

burnerpilot78, Sep 22, 2017
  4. SkadollaX Win User

My Xbox one randomly turns itself on

yes I just posted the same thing.

I have 2 Xbox ones. They are always in energy saving mode.

Just finished testing both and they are both going into instant on mode now, for some unknown reason.

We have a fetch box and the remote for fetch turns the Xbox ones on when they are in standby mode. This is because... they, both the Xbox one and fetch remote share the same infra red ch, which is why we need energy saving mode.....and why we discovered
    this new behaviour in what is meant to be a fully shutdown Xbox.

For us now, energy saving mode behaviour = instant on mode setting

Which results in what appears to be Xbox ones randomly turning on when actually it's when someone uses the fetch remote.
  5. Krittastrophy Win User

Hi there, friendly neighborhood ambassador here. A few things you can try... Unplug the power cord from the Xbox and the outlet. Wait for the power supply unit (aka brick) light to go completely out, then plug the pet cord directly into the wall. The PSU
    it brick as we affectionately call it has a built in surge protector. This means if you plug it into another surge protector such as a power strip it is causing proformance issues. If that does not work set your console to instant on, reboot, then set back
    to energy saving and reboot again. Let me know if this works.
  6. SkadollaX Win User

Hi there, friendly neighborhood ambassador here. A few things you can try... Unplug the power cord from the Xbox and the outlet. Wait for the power supply unit (aka brick) light to go completely out, then plug the pet cord directly into the wall. The PSU
    it brick as we affectionately call it has a built in surge protector. This means if you plug it into another surge protector such as a power strip it is causing proformance issues. If that does not work set your console to instant on, reboot, then set back
    to energy saving and reboot again. Let me know if this works.
    Tho I'm not the op I'd already done what you've suggested prior to reading your comments.

I've now re-performed those steps plus more across 2 seperate Xbox ones in two seperate rooms on two different circuits, both of which were already plugged directly into the wall.

both of which seemingly started playing up at the same time.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Xbox One randomly turns on by itself

Hey there jokfase,

That's an interesting one, we've not seen many reports of that issue happening at all. Is this an original Xbox One model, or an Xbox One S model? If it's an original model, try unplugging the console from the power source and cleaning the power button with
    a soft try cloth to remove any fingerprints or debris.

If that doesn't help, make sure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector/power strip. The Xbox One console has a built in surge protector, so if it's connected to another one, it's very possible that there could be a
    power issue going on. Aside from that, it's also possible the console is downloading updates in the background. Do you have the console set to Instant On mode or Energy Saving mode?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. FailingPolecat4 Win User

Xbox One headset sends "crackling noises"

The problem fixed itself; my Xbox randomly crashed and when I turned it back on the problem was solved.
Thema:

1. My xbox one is turning itself on randomly, please help! - Similar Threads - turning itself randomly

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...
  10. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...