My Xbox One has stopped working during a system update. What do I do?

Discus and support My Xbox One has stopped working during a system update. What do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About 6 months ago, I was playing my Xbox One and I had to update the system. I figured it wouldn't be a problem, so I started the procedure. However,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr.KTS, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Mr.KTS
    Mr.KTS Guest

About 6 months ago, I was playing my Xbox One and I had to update the system. I figured it wouldn't be a problem, so I started the procedure. However, during the update, the progress just stopped all of a sudden at 56%. I tried every solution I could think of: turning off the console and unplugging the power brick for 30 seconds, troubleshooting, restarting the system, and resetting the system. Although the power came on, the update was still frozen at 56% and wouldn't progress. In fact, I can wait for about a minute or so, and it'll say that an error occured. Any suggestions?

:)

Mr.KTS, Apr 18, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try doing a complete power cycle and see if that continues the progress of the update.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.
  3. HeadshotPenguin Win User

What do I do if my START button has stopped working on my xbox one controller

Hi,

When did this start happening and also has anything spilled onto it?

Does the start button have full movement?

HP
  4. XBF Aaron G Win User

What do I do if my START button has stopped working on my xbox one controller

5. FuSiOn FaDeS Win User

Cannot connect to your DHCP Server

Im having the same problem i recently had to do an update but it stopped working about half way through , I've followed all the support steps and it still hasn't worked, I've even gone to the extent to call them but even they don't know what to do, they
    suggested trying their offline system diagnostics tool (support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool) but that hasn't worked either.
    So I'm stuck for ideas.
  6. WamblyFire5742 Win User

system update stopped

My son is getting system update stopped... what should he do
Thema:

1. My Xbox One has stopped working during a system update. What do I do? - Similar Threads - has stopped working

2. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  3. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  4. pc Xbox dongle has stopped working and a new one and the device manger fix hasn't worked

in XBoX on Consoles
    pc Xbox dongle has stopped working and a new one and the device manger fix hasn't worked: using a dongle for bt connection to pc, one day it stopped working while using it its old whatever. brought a new one and tride with that no luck traded concing to my phone, strataway worked try...
  5. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  6. Why has my development mode stopped working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my development mode stopped working?: So I've been using development mode for about 2 years now and this morning I tried to open the app on my series x and It appears to be wiped. I'm being prompted to set it up again and enter a code...
  7. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  8. Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.: What is happening with cloud gaming? It has stopped working on my xbox x console. c932c2ac-dea9-4db3-94ea-d2853ff7740b
  9. Why has discord all of a sudden stopped working on my x box

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why has discord all of a sudden stopped working on my x box: After successfully using the integrated discord on my Xbox for about a year now it all of a sudden stopped working. When I try to open it within Xbox it says you need to relink your account. This...
  10. how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7: how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7 free fire max pc version doesn"t install on my pc 50d16e4a-5171-4e9f-811e-a583a8cc19b5