My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%.

Discus and support My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Using as normal and shut down to pick up my friend from work. I came back an hour later and turned the XBOX on to the green XBOX splash screen. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xP4R4B0L4x, Mar 5, 2023.

1. xP4R4B0L4x
    xP4R4B0L4x Guest

My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%.

Using as normal and shut down to pick up my friend from work. I came back an hour later and turned the XBOX on to the green XBOX splash screen. It would reset my XBOX after a moment. I tried to do both, a hard reset with and without deleting the software. Now it is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and restarts at 50%. No mods or issues since I purchased in 2018.

:)

xP4R4B0L4x, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, If you are getting the E101 error, it means your console's internal hard drive has bad clusters and needs to be replaced.
  3. xP4R4B0L4x Win User

It ended up being a faulty USB Drive.

Installed/ Registered/ Verified to NTFS.

Now I am receiving a System Error: E101 00000504 8B050041

This only happened after I updated all of my games because I could not log into Fallout 76. I had to uninstall Fallout 76 and update all of my games that needed an update, then reinstall Fallout 76. I play the game once go to pick up a friend from work, then come home to the Green Splash then the "Preparing Console..." screens.

Nothing is working after updating my consoles firmware and software.
  4. xP4R4B0L4x Win User

I have done everything above and have attempted to use the Offline System Update as well. My PC registered my USB device and I was able to successfully place the $SystemUpdate file onto it. Now the XBOX will not register the device to install the update.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello xP4R4B0L4x, try to follow the procedures below.

Turn off the console and unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely turned off.

Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back in.

Hold down the BIND (located at the bottom front of the console) and EJECT (located on the front of the console) and press the Xbox button on the console.

NOTE: Bind is the pairing button of the control.

Continue by pressing the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10 to 15 seconds.

Listen to the two tones of "activation", with a few seconds of difference between them.

Release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second activation tone.

If your console is the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, it doesn't have the EJECT button.

You can turn on Xbox Startup Troubleshooting on this console by keeping only the BIND button and then pressing the Xbox button.

When you're on the recovery screen, choose the "Reset while keeping games and Apps" option.

Note:

-You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

-No data or game save will be lost doing this, everything is done in backup to the cloud servers.

If it does not return to normal after this procedure, proceed with an offline update.

Perform an offline system update

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. qGSWp Mr T Bear Win User

Preparing Console

im also having this problem today my xbox one s has been getting stuck on the green screen of death and when it boots up the dash freezes all the time and my games have been crashing a lot so i have decided to factory reset it and now im stuck on 50% preparing
    console screen hour and a half i have been stuck on this screen
Thema:

1. My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%. - Similar Threads - GoW 2tb stuck

2. Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition GoW 1-3 codes still possible to use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition GoW 1-3 codes still possible to use?: Hello! Just bought a new/unopened copy of Gears of war 4 ultimate edition which contains codes to be able to download Gears of war 1, 2, 3 (x360 versions). But before opening the game I want to...
  3. can´t play GOW 5 2 player

in XBoX on Consoles
    can´t play GOW 5 2 player: Hi, i want to play Gears Of War 5 with my brother. When he starts as a guest session it appers an error message saying that if he joins it will disable online functions. So we can´t not play horda...
  4. Will they get GOW Special Edition X consoles back in stock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will they get GOW Special Edition X consoles back in stock?: I really dig the GOW design and deal but unfortunately all retailers are sold out. Will they eventually have more in stock or is that the limit to the edition? Lol thanks in advance...
  5. ERROR WITH UPDATE (GOW 5)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR WITH UPDATE (GOW 5): I am unable to play GOW 5 as the recent update caused an error. I have tried all the posted solutions (hard reset, Uninstall, etc.). I have called the ISP provider who advised all is good. The...
  6. GoW 4 error code 0x00000193

in XBoX on Consoles
    GoW 4 error code 0x00000193: Happened to my brother last year, the consensus was it was account specific & there was a forum to post your GT and they'd fix it. Well, now i got it and i can't play horde or any online...
  7. Gow 3 playlists

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gow 3 playlists: Same issue,freezes when it gets to downloading playlists.Tried multiple solutions from here and others,problem persists.No issues on other games or connectivity. ece0eae0-5b55-4af3-8e5a-f9d3c77f64ec
  8. Gears of War 4 Xbox one S 2TB Bundle ordered. No codes for previous GoW games received yet.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gears of War 4 Xbox one S 2TB Bundle ordered. No codes for previous GoW games received yet.: I ordered the Gears of War 4 Xbox One S 2TB Bundle which came with the Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition. The promotion stated that I will be provided with the previous games of Gears of War as...
  9. GoW Codes from pre-ordered console xbox one s 2tb limited gears of war edition

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    GoW Codes from pre-ordered console xbox one s 2tb limited gears of war edition: Hello, I've received two messages, apparently, the first one with two codes, for GoW and GoW2 each one, and the second with the codes for GoW3 and GoW Judgement. However, codes from first message...
  10. When can I get the GOW 360 games pack for downloan after getting the Xbox One S 2TB Gears Of ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When can I get the GOW 360 games pack for downloan after getting the Xbox One S 2TB Gears Of ...: Hi, I purchased the Xbox One S GOW 4 2 TB edition, and would like to confirm when I will be able to get the other GOW games in the series, as I read that they will be given free for all buyers who...