My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying...

Discus and support My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one updated 3 gigs yesterday and 3 gigs again today. I live in a remote area and my wireless internet is VERY EXPENSIVE. I can't afford to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MisterB.1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. MisterB.1
    MisterB.1 Guest

My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying...

My xbox one updated 3 gigs yesterday and 3 gigs again today. I live in a remote area and my wireless internet is VERY EXPENSIVE.

I can't afford to have my internet time drained by these constant updates.

The game is Red Dead Redemption 2. I DONT CARE about online play which is what the updates are all about in any case- I don't play online BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!

So when I tried to stop RdR2 from updating (yet again) it deleted the game entirely from my xbox one.

I tried to disable updates on my settings in xbox one, it didn't work, so when I tried to stop the update the game was wiped from my xbox entirely.

I get that Microsoft is a big corporation and doesn't give a **** about my complaint, but I've had it. Going back to PC gaming, no more xbox one.

WASTE. OF. MY. MONEY.

:)

MisterB.1, Aug 13, 2020
  2. MisterB.1 Win User

My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying another xbox console, game or microsoft product.

Except that the Xbox one throws a hissy fit if it doesn't have internet. Half the games I play won't run without it. Rockstar games are so dysfunctional they run an update every other day.

My Xbox one wouldn't even run off cable internet when I had it, despite all the troubleshooting I tried with it. The first controller crapped out after a month of use. Fine Chinese craftsmanship!
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying another xbox console, game or microsoft product.

If you cancel the update mid-stream you essentially have corrupted the game install. The Xbox is updating the game software as it is downloading the patch that way it does not have to reserve hard drive space for a potentially large patch. Users would
    be complaining why cant I use my entire hard drive.

Turn off automatic updates.

Put it offline.

FYI PC's also have an auto-update mode now as well.
  4. Conrad500 Win User

The official response from xbox is "If you don’t have the internet, stick with the Xbox 360"
  5. MisterB.1 Win User

Tried to turn off the automatic updates, didn't matter. RdR2 tried to update anyway. When I stopped the update, it scrubbed the game from my console. If that's a feature, then it's a rubbish feature.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

The update corruptsthe game file until the process is completed. Once an update is started, if you cancel it it deletes it because its now useless.

Turn off auto update then hard reset the console so the green Xbox screen shows to ensure it takes effect. Many server side things are notupdated instantly like turning off updates. The restart forces this.
Thema:

1. My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying... - Similar Threads - deleted app can't

2. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  3. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  4. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  5. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  6. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  7. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  8. How do you delete comments in the xbox mobile app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you delete comments in the xbox mobile app?: wheres the option to delete comments posted in the xbox mobile app, are yall really that ban-happy to ban people? i had to report my own comment as an attempt to get it removed....
  9. Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?: I've been searching for any way possible to see if there's a way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app and no luck. I bet there's probably third parties I can use, but I'd rather not risk...
  10. Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...: Trying to move my starfield install to a different drive deleted the entire games! I though luck was on my side because I made 3 backup of the files anticipating how trash the xbox app on pc is....