My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help?

Discus and support My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This started 3-4 days ago I guess after the most recent update but this has never happened to me before and I’ve had this Xbox for 5 years. I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dakota �, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Dakota �
    Dakota � Guest

This started 3-4 days ago I guess after the most recent update but this has never happened to me before and I’ve had this Xbox for 5 years. I’ve tried a bunch of things but nothing is really working and I don’t have the money to buy a brand new Xbox if anyone can help that’d be much appreciated thank you

:)

Dakota �, Jun 22, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Do you have a friend or family member with an Xbox? If so, try your controller with their console and vice versa. Also, try your controller wired without any batteries in it to see if it still disconnects.

That will help narrow it down to the console or controller, and whether it's a wireless-only issue.

Also, try a fresh set of batteries and check to see if a firmware update is available for the controller. Another thing to try is to turn off anything nearby that could be causing interference, so ideally you just have the TV/monitor and Xbox on, then play a game offline for a while to see if the issue still happens.
  3. stevegamble-1F199C9A Win User

Controller disconnecting

Both of my controllers keep disconnecting. Each day it gets worse. It started when the controller update happened. Now the Xbox isn't even playable as it disconnects about every minute. What a waste of money.
  4. Mastoklok Win User

Xbox One keeps disconnecting from Xbox Live with everything I use. Netflix, Online Multiplayer, YouTube, and etc.

I am having the same issues. My Xbox One keeps disconnecting from the wifi every 1-5 minutes and it's non stop. I have a 91-97% signal strength and still get disconnected every 1-5 minutes

I have tried portforwarding. Power cycling. Disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi. Nothing.

I even called my ISP and it isn't an issue on their side because everything else works perfectly fine.

Would really love to know what in the hell is going on with my Xbox one and I'm sure the dozens of other people would love to know.
  5. usa13509 Win User

Controller disconnecting every 5 minutes.

I did try resyncing them and the time between disconnects is now much longer - maybe 45 minutes in between
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Controller disconnecting every 5 minutes.

Hey there, usa13509. Can you tell me exactly what type of controllers you are using? Is it wired or wireless? Let us know! :)
Thema:

1. My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help? - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  10. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332