My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

Discus and support My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prith Yevle, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Prith Yevle
    Prith Yevle Guest

My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers.

I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices to a different part of my house. I also tried updating my firmware and changing batteries. Then I tried a USB cable but it never resolved the issue. At this point I don’t know what to do.

:)

Prith Yevle, Oct 22, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again, Prith Y. I'm sorry to hear the problem persists. As a personal opinion, I encourage you to perform the following steps:

1. Verify that your Xbox has the latest software update installed.
    2. Try restarting your Internet router and modem to make sure there are no connectivity issues.
    3. Try connecting the controllers directly to the console using a USB cable to rule out wireless connection issues.
    4. Check for nearby interference, such as other electronic devices or Bluetooth devices, and move them away from the Xbox.
    5. Consider testing your controllers on another Xbox console to determine if the issue is related to the controllers or the Xbox itself.

If none of this works, I would recommend 2 more things, the first is to contact support directly and the other is to wait for the response from another Microsoft Expert/Forum Member who has gone through a problem similar to this and can help you.

Support: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Prith Yevle Win User

I factory reset my Xbox and I thought it solved the Bluetooth problem but it turns out nothing happened. I also got a new usb but that too didn’t work. Again this is for all of my controllers. I had a tournament today but due to this I’m struggling. Is there anything else I can do.
  4. Senex_Unus Win User

I'm wondering if there has been a software update to cause this. I started intermittently losing connection on a controller while playing. Tried resyncing, changing batteries, turning everything off again etc but it still kept on happening. Tried two old controllers and a brand new one and it's happening with those as well.

Either the xbox x has an issue or its a software issue, as nothing else has changed in the household re interference and everything beforehand has been working for years.
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Prith Y! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I am very sorry that you are going through this problem, but don't worry, I will do everything I can to help you!

After some searches I did, it was determined that the Cable control connection problem is because it is possible that the cable is damaged. Many users have reported this problem and changing the cable solves it.

If you cannot connect your controllers via Bluetooth, what you can do is reset the controller or restore the console to factory settings, saving the data and applications, so you don't lose anything.

1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    3. Select Reset console.

On the screens you will see 3 options, you must select the one that says: Reset and keep my games and applications.

Let me know if this information was useful to you, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do?? - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  10. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332