My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.

Discus and support My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue recently started. I was watching YouTube, and my controller powered off as it normally does when I don't use it. However, after turning on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Melanie Garcia2, Sep 23, 2023.

1. My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.

This issue recently started. I was watching YouTube, and my controller powered off as it normally does when I don't use it. However, after turning on the controller again, the console wouldn't respond to the buttons. I tried pressing A to pause the video, but there was no response. I tried using the stick to see if the title and the description would pop up, but it didn't do anything. I turned off my Xbox One manually. When I went to turn on my Xbox One with the controller, it worked. But even then, it does not respond to any of the buttons. I can't even log in, which prevents me from updating anything.

:)

Melanie Garcia2, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Melanie, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the console rather than the controller since in many similar situations I have seen that performing the following procedure can solve the problem:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem is solved.

I hope this helps and if the issue persist or if you have further questions please let me know.

Best regards.
  3. Russ Delaney Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

Same problem here on one of my controllers. Connect it via USB and it works fine. XBOX button lights up solid like it is connected, but only XBOX Home button works and console responds like I want to turn it off but the joysticks won't move to select anything.
  4. InsanKilla clan Win User

My xbox one controller and console will not respond to eachother

If you're having any of the following problems with your Xbox wireless controller, please see the Xbox
    Wireless Controller Solution
    . If you’re having trouble with one of your Xbox wireless controllers, this solution can help you troubleshoot a wide variety of controller issues.
  5. cvopal Win User

Xbox One X headset audio stutter / popping

I appreciate your time in responding. Unfortunately, I have done this already, the issue is not with the headset. I have tried other headsets in my possession, the issue persists and must be with the console output to the controller. The same controller
    and headset work perfectly with my Year One Xbox One console.
  6. DocHolliday 7 Win User

Why Xbox One controllers break so easily

My first Xbox One controller (that came with the console) was definitely on the cheap side compared to all of my Xbox 360s.

However, my Titanfall controller seems better built than my first, and still handles and responds as well as the first day I bought it.

My Elite controller was money well spent. I've dropped it a few times, and no problems whatsoever. Quite frankly, I think it's an awesome controller.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond. - Similar Threads - controller console won't

2. The console is not responding properly to my controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The console is not responding properly to my controller.: It always takes atleast 4-5 times till the console registers that I pressed the button on my console. Sometimes it even starts to do things on its own when I'm not even pressing anything. I...
  3. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  6. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  7. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  8. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  9. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...