My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

Discus and support My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PickledThyme258, Jan 11, 2024.

1. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the d-pad acts like arrow keys).

What can I do?

:)

PickledThyme258, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox One controller.

Kindly try to update the controller's firmware using a Windows PC to see if it works according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...and then follow the steps provided. See More.

"Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. KathleenFranco Win User

Xbox One Controller Support In-App - XBOX (beta) App

Hi All,

I dont know if I am missing something but I cannot use my Xbox One controller to navigate the XBOX (beta) App. Works fine with games but I have to use the mouse to navigate the app itself.

All drivers are up-to-date and the controllers have the latest firmware.
    I also have an issue with my Xbox One controller however, it does not work on any of the installed games I have downloaded from the xbox game pass beta for pc. Yet when its a none game pass game, it functions. How to resolve this?
  4. АлександрА Win User

Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC (connected via Xbox adapter)

Good afternoon. I tried contacting my companion via Xbox app on two PCs + ran the game via steam. The volume control still doesn't work.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

"game" is not available on your account.

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, log out the Microsoft store app and the Xbox app, after this restart the PC and log back in both apps, you have to log in the Microsoft store app with the account that has the subscription active

If this doesn't work please confirm tht you still have Game pass for Pc or Ultimate active

You must also confirm that this games are available on game pass here, as every month some games leaves the library of game pass

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
  6. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc. - Similar Threads - controller doesn't games

2. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  4. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  7. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  8. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  9. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  10. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: It is June 2023 and still too this date it has been no fix for the ghost keyboard using gamepass mobile in cloud mode. Any game that has custom characterization is pretty much unplayable, if you...