My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

Discus and support My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AJ Brickcrafter, Jan 5, 2024.

1. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories.

:)

AJ Brickcrafter, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi AJ B, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are going through this problem, it can be said that it is common for this to happen since multiple users have reported problems similar to yours, with the intention of helping you I did a search in the community forum and found a response from the user LazerBomb where mentions some steps to follow:

1. Plug the controller in.
    2. Restart the PC (with controller in).
    3. Check for updates (with controller in).
    4. Get the updates (with controller in).
    5. Open device manager.
    6. Look for the "Xbox peripherals" category.
    7. Find the controller in that category.
    8. Right click on it.
    9. Update Driver.
    10.Scan online automatically.
    11. Wait for update to finish.
    12. If there was no update:
    Right-click on the driver
    Press uninstall
    13. Restart your device.

If none of these steps work, I invite you to check the following link, where you can read the complete information and get more steps to solve this problem.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ed89a799-7c33-435b-a85c-fc090fc95b9f

I hope you understand, if you have any other questions let me know.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Mister Cizl Win User

Paired xbox one wireless controller to Xbox console, want to pair that to my windows 10

4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one controller invasive

Hi ggumur,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Did you also try the
    clean boot
    I suggested above?

Have you tried connecting the controller via Bluetooth if your PC is compatible? There is also a wireless option but you will need the
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

I also suggest trying to plug in via USB to another PC and if the controller does not work on another PC with a USB cable then the controller will need to be replaced.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Unable to connect xbox one controller with usb

The previous link was for a 360 controller.
    This would be the one for the Xbox One.
    Can you let me know what happens when you connect the controller to the PC via USB with the Xbox Accessories app open? Does it change at all? Cycle a loading graphic, or does it not register at all?
Thema:

1. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc - Similar Threads - controller does connect

2. Does the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via...: Hi Everyone, I would like to know if the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via USB-C to the PC. This is the controller I'm talking about:...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  5. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  6. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  7. Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox Series X controller. My controller seems to have an update issue. But I have no way to update it. I mean, it connects to my Xbox, then for a few seconds it...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...