My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help

Discus and support My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday i bought USB 3.0 Hard drive with 3tb. But when i connect it a notification appears: ''Hard drive multimedia ready for installation''... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXI T Dogg IXx, May 30, 2015.

1. My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help

Hello.

Yesterday i bought USB 3.0 Hard drive with 3tb. But when i connect it a notification appears: ''Hard drive multimedia ready for installation'' but i want use it for Games an Aplications and my Xbox cant format it for games, only for pictures, videos and
    music.

Please help me, i dont know what to do.

:)

xXI T Dogg IXx, May 30, 2015
  2. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
    HELP

My Xbox One Can"t format my external hard drive or move/copy games Help.

n7oldnavy, May 30, 2015
  3. Legion413
    Legion413 Guest
    File recovery from HD formatted by Xbox One

I need some help from my fellow gamers. I'm wondering if any of you know how to recover files from a formatted hard drive. More specifically a Toshiba 3TB external hard drive that was formatted by an Xbox One. The problem I am having is that my computer wont recognize it anymore when I plug the hard drive into it. Can anyone help me figure out how to get my data back from it (if it still exists)?

Legion413, May 30, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Some hard drives come with pre-installed internal software that could be interfering with the recognition process of the Xbox One. Plug the new hard drive into your PC and format it there before using it on the Xbox One.

onyxishere, May 31, 2015
  5. denixius Win User

Can I Use Xbox 360 External Hard Drive for Xbox One

Hi,

Okay. I can't find any hard drive special for Xbox One in my counry. Then one more question; can I use any external hard drive for Xbox One. If I can, just I need to format it for Xbox One. Am I right?
  6. SmokyCone57188 Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

Great! I was so happy to know that I can use my Seagate 2tb.... now I can't! Does anyone know anything about formatting partitions into your hard drive? I use my hard drive for other storage so I partitioned one into NTFS for my personal use and one in FAT32
    for the xboxv 360, but the xbox doesn't tell me the difference in the partition it will format. Any ideas?
  7. Thanual Flint Win User

I can't watch or do anything on xbox movies

I'll re-formate my hard drive and go from there but I can't afford a new xbox nor a PC.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

My Xbox One will not format my external

If you have a Windows PC, connect the external hard drive to it and give it a reformat. Sometimes, people need to give a hard drive an extra reformat on the computer because it's currently in a format that the Xbox cannot change (for some reason).

- Connect the external HDD to the PC.

- Go to "My Computer" (Win+E)

- Right click the external hard drive, and select "Format..."

- Ensure it formats to "NTFS", leave all other settings the way they are.

- After it finishes, attempt to format the drive on the Xbox again.

NOTE: If your external hard drive came pre-formatted with more than one partition, you will need to reformat the entire drive so it has one and only one NTFS partition. You can manage disk partitions via "Disk Management" in Windows.

Hope this helps!
  9. FrancisHayle Win User

External Hard Drive not working in pc after formatting it on my xbox one

To make your hard drive work again with your computer/or windows you need to plug it into your Xbox 360, and re-format it. Your hard drive will then be formatted to Fat-32, but you can plug it into Windows/your computer, and re-format back to
    NTFS, (Which is, the recommended one). Since the Xbox one runs of the Windows 8 Platform you cannot use your hard drive on Windows. The Xbox One does not format the external hard drive correctly. I have learned this my self.
    Doing the following steps can let you use the hard drive with Windows again.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One can't format my Hard Drive, Help - Similar Threads - can't format Hard

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  4. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...: [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67
  5. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!: If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to just format the drive to erase all the data....
  6. DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them: I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any of my game DVDs. When I chose "Open Tray",...
  7. Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One: Hi everyone I am getting really ticked off with trying to use my WD Elements hard drive for my Xbox One. I just formatted it from the apple file system to NTFS and it showed up as a media drive....
  8. Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive: Logisat (Set-top Boxes) 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive hi I recently purchased a 1tb 3.0 external hard drive. When connected to xbox one it asks me to format the drive. When I...
  9. I can't format my new external hard drive for my xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't format my new external hard drive for my xbox one.: I bought a Seagate 4 tb external hard drive, but my dashboard isn't coming up when I try to format the drive. Any idea why? 4ee5e914-bc61-4714-8b1d-c361b3b73a8d
  10. Can't format external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format external hard drive?: I recently bought the 2TB USB 3.0 Samsung D3 Station for my Xbox. I initially plugged it in and managed to go into settings>system>manage storage and formatted it but didn't save anything to it. I...