My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

Discus and support My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshua Windsor, Nov 12, 2023.

1. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them.

The common error I get is:

Check your disc

Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning it, or choose a different disc. (0x80820003 - %2)

Troubleshooting performed:

- Restarted Xbox (several times)

- Fully shut down Xbox, unplugged power cable and unplugged the power supply, then powered back on

- Tried two different discs

Nothing seems to be working. The disks are in good condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Joshua Windsor, Nov 12, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, I would recommend seeking a professional repair service. You can contact Xbox support for information on authorized service centers.
  3. Joshua Windsor Win User

you're disc drive has almost certainly failed

One S is still repaired, but given the expense i'd recommend an upgrade, especially if yo have the no longer supported original Xbox One
    Yeah, I was figuring this would be the case. I believe it is an Original Xbox One so it would be getting old and likely problematic.
  4. Joshua Windsor Win User

Hi Khaji,

I can confirm the following:

Cleaning the disk: Make sure the disk is clean and free of defects.

- The disk is clean.

Correct disc insertion: Make sure you are inserting the disc correctly into the console. When you place the DVD in the console, the artwork should face up

- The disk is been inserted correctly.

Try another game: Try starting and playing another game on your Xbox. If the problem occurs only with a particular game, try reinstalling the game on your device

- I have tried another game disk, and the issue continues. The other disk is also clean.

Check Xbox status: Check the Xbox status page. If you see any services with alerts, wait until the service is working again

- There are no services alerts relating to this issue

Play the game offline: If there is an Xbox status alert, you may be able to play the game offline until the service is back up and running

- Disk games cannot be played at all as disks cannot be read

Console reset: As a last resort, perform a system reset and choose the "Reboot and delete everything" option

- I would like to avoid doing a console reset
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Joshua W, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm so sorry you're experiencing these issues with your Xbox One. Here are some additional suggestions you could try:

Cleaning the disk: Make sure the disk is clean and free of defects.

Clean the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth

Correct disc insertion: Make sure you are inserting the disc correctly into the console. When you place the DVD in the console, the artwork should face up

Try another game: Try starting and playing another game on your Xbox. If the problem occurs only with a particular game, try reinstalling the game on your device

Check Xbox status: Check the Xbox status page. If you see any services with alerts, wait until the service is working again

Play the game offline: If there is an Xbox status alert, you may be able to play the game offline until the service is back up and running

Console reset: As a last resort, perform a system reset and choose the "Reboot and delete everything" option

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Really the only thing you can do and what is recommended is that you
    continue insisting with the Xbox team, explaining the situation in detail
    since they are the only ones who can help you because they do have access to
    the accounts and can see what possibly happened. . This forum is really not the
    most appropriate medium to discuss your topic, especially since we as players do
    not have the tools to help you as it is a sensitive privacy and security issue.

Below I will leave you the link so you can contact Xbox technical support:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Note: Remember that Xbox chat is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 9:00 p.m. m.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - cannot read disks

2. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  3. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  4. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  5. My son damaged the 25 character code and cannot read it how do I get a new one

in XBoX on Windows
    My son damaged the 25 character code and cannot read it how do I get a new one: My son got a gift card for Christmas he scratched the code to hard and now we cannot get code how do I get a new one 7e03d004-61b5-4c7d-9831-e24023563a11
  6. xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data"

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data": I'm playing Elden Ring on Xbox One. I've had my game corrupted twice now and am wondering how I can avoid that happening in the future. This last time I was a couple of months into the game and...
  7. So got a gift card and cannot read the code, but cannot get any response from Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    So got a gift card and cannot read the code, but cannot get any response from Microsoft...: Cannot read the code any ideas on how to get an answer from Microsoft welcome cheers c18a17bc-9cb1-4471-a6a5-7a042c8aa558
  8. Gamedvr clips are recorded in a format that lots of platforms cannot read, especially the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamedvr clips are recorded in a format that lots of platforms cannot read, especially the...: Basically when i record normal 4k clips they cannot be sent by telegram and other socials, but when i record in 4k hdr the clip won't upload to YouTube and every platform existing. any solutions?...
  9. Xbox Series X cannot read UHD Movie Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X cannot read UHD Movie Discs: The problem I’m having is that when I put in a UHD disc movie into the disc drive the movie will begin to play no problem but at any point in the movie the screen will go black but sound will...
  10. Playing Destiny 2. Xbox 1 freezes says cannot read game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Destiny 2. Xbox 1 freezes says cannot read game: Hello All. I hope someone can help. This is happening constantly. Ive pressed x took leades out restarted. Reinstalled game, reset xbox to factory settings. I can play the game after doing...