My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

Discus and support My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James Irvine1, Jun 13, 2023.

1. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use the online verify form however as it was so long ago that the account was in use I am really struggling for the data. Is there any other way to verify it or even talk to a support rep? I'm really struggling with the thought of losing this account as it contains many memories, not to mention the money spent on it.

:)

James Irvine1, Jun 13, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Unfortunately, No one here in the community and even Xbox Support can provide better options other than the account recovery form you have been trying to use. The recovery form is built like that for security reasons and will only recover the account if a sufficient amount of information is provided. Hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. EndlerPlayz Win User

My Account is Locked (From Microsoft Services) and I Can't Recover It!

I ain't locked from my account, but I am locked from Microsoft Services. I have to input a phone number and verify my account to unlock it, but when I try to unlock it a while later, it is locked again and I have to verify using a phone number again. (Basically
    I am in an infinite, and annoying loop...)
  4. PJ_Rage_Quit Win User

Unable to log in

Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately that did not work. I checked and all of my security information has been verified and I am still unable to access the sign in. I’ve used the sign in links from the Xbox website as well as the links to my Xbox profile provided by microsoft on my account. Every link I’ve used leads me to the support website
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

my account has been locked and I can not verify I am the owner

Hi FeIarx! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem. I understand how important recovering your account is to you.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers like you here in the community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

Based on your description and since you mentioned that your account is locked due to suspicious activities, I highly recommend you submit an account reinstatement form as a last resort to unlock your account:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/concern/AccountReinstatement (This is not an account recovery webform)

You may receive the results via email within 48 - 72 hours.

If the account has been unlocked but you are still unable to recover your account, I just want to confirm when did you last successfully sign in to your Microsoft account? If you have not logged into your account for more than two years and it has been closed due to inactivity, you will not be able to use the Account Recovery Form to recover your account. Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/office/7c0a9fa7-0982-b7c6-fd72-df852b63699f

Did you have two-factor authentication (2FA) active on the account? If you do have the 2FA active, are you able to access the second factor of authentication? If so, please try resetting your password. Detailed steps on resetting your password can be found in the following support article: https://support.microsoft.com/office/eff4f067-5042-c1a3-fe72-b04d60556c37

Important: The account recovery form can only be used if two-step verification isn't turned on. If the feature is enabled, the only way to recover the account is to regain access to your two-step verification phone number.

If you did not have 2FA active on the account, and the account was not deleted due to inactivity, you will need to try the Account Recovery Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Detailed steps on how to use the Account Recovery Form can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Microsoft takes account security very seriously, that's why Account Recovery is an automated process with no human influence. If you don't have the correct information, you may not be able to get through account verification using the Recovery Form.

The Account Recovery Form requires adequate information to prove that you are the owner of the account. The Account Recovery Process can be a time-consuming process, but providing as much info as possible from the start of the process will increase the possibility of being verified by the automated process. You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft.

Remember to use a familiar device from which you've frequently accessed your Microsoft account, as well as a familiar location. Microsoft will review your responses and respond within 24 hours. If you are verified, instructions on how to log back into your account will be sent to you, and if you are not verified, you will need to submit the Account Recovery form again. You can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

It's important to note that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account, you will be sent back to the Account Recovery pages that have been linked above.

If your Microsoft account recovery request was not granted or was unsuccessful, please click the attached link for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/office/dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

While it might not be the outcome you are looking for, if you’re unsuccessful in recovering your account, then you will need to create a new Microsoft account. You can do that by clicking this link: https://signup.live.com/

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Roy Holloway Win User

How can I talk to someone from Microsoft customer service?

Good morning, my name is I've had Windows a operating system for years. I have been going through a very frustrating problem

with Microsoft for the past two years and now it has gotten worst. I have changed my email address approximately a year and a half ago due to

my email being hacked. Since the change I have not been able to sign into my microsoft account in certain areas because I am asked to verify

my account with the old email and an old phone number. To make matters worst over the weekend I downloaded Windows 11 and again to

access certain areas I am asked to provide a password with the outdated email. I used the "Just answer" service over the weekend with no solution.

I honestly don't understand why I am being forced to pay just to update my email and phone number with microsoft. Please give me some kind

of proper solution. Thank you.
Thema:

1. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it. - Similar Threads - microsoft account years

2. i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago: hi all, i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago but havent played in a while. today i saw the notification about account migration before 19Sep, but i believe i dont...
  3. Linked my original mojang account to my microsoft email years ago and have just come back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linked my original mojang account to my microsoft email years ago and have just come back...: So the situation is. I'm 100% sure i migrated my mojang account with the name "Jamesy03" a long while back, but the only email im sure that i wouldve migrated it to doesnt have my original in game...
  4. 20 year old account gone because Microsoft can't be bothered.

in XBoX Accessibility
    20 year old account gone because Microsoft can't be bothered.: Hi all So this will be as much a rant as asking 2 questions, so sort of apologies but stick with it. About a month ago, finally brought an Xbox series X. Tried to sign in with my account and it...
  5. How do you gamers do it. Microsoft just told me that the account that I spend 7 to 8 years...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you gamers do it. Microsoft just told me that the account that I spend 7 to 8 years...: My account was hacked and Microsoft told me that it was suspended and that there was no way to get it back. In short, they told me that I had to rebuy all of my games and that all of my...
  6. I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now.: No matter how hard I try to put as many answers as I can into the account recovery, nothing works. I've been trying for years and on multiple devices, especially when this problem originally began...
  7. Xbox Microsoft Account Banned - 8 years

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Microsoft Account Banned - 8 years: Hello, I was wondering where I can get more information on my xbox account I was permanently banned in 2015 and was wondering if I can get more information to resolve this. I do not have any...
  8. My microsoft account got deleted on it's own suddenly and I lost my 5 year minecraft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got deleted on it's own suddenly and I lost my 5 year minecraft account.: My microsoft account got deleted for no reason, also you should know the one I am using now is the one that used to be in my previous account. Also I am not sure how my mojang account got...
  9. I can't access my 10 year in use Microsoft account because of a random security check. What...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my 10 year in use Microsoft account because of a random security check. What...: I can't access my 10 year in use Microsoft account because of a random security check that blocks my main account and back-up account. My attempt at answering the recovery questions was denied...
  10. Unknown Microsoft family account for 8 year old.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown Microsoft family account for 8 year old.: Hi, I'm trying to manage my 8 year olds Minecraft permissions, but when I go to add him to my Microsoft family account it says he is part of another family group and must leave before he can join....