My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

Discus and support My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. 4b2d8013-33ca-4983-95b1-57523e89935c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kala benjamin, Oct 25, 2023.

1. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

:)

kala benjamin, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Kala B! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry you're having this problem. If you can hear your friends, but they can't hear you, make sure your headphones are not muted and check that the orange LED light next to the mute button is not on.

If everything is fine, then follow these steps to re-associate your controller with your profile:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices and connections > Accessories.
    3. Select your controller and then select the (…) button.
    4. Under Assigned to, choose your gamertag.

Information obtained from: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset

In the mentioned link you can find more solution steps to resolve this problem, I invite you to take a look. Let me know if this information was useful to you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. MrGamingGuy7175 Win User

If you have a wireless mic, try to unplug it, then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, go to the party settings, and there should be audio settings. You might have to change some settings for your audio, or restart the Xbox.
  4. CoreyHenderson1 Win User

Cannot Hear Voice Chat

Unfortunately, none of these answers fixed this for me. Update though: looks like I can hear everything the other people in my Fortnite party is saying, they just can’t hear me. The weirder thing is, when I squad up with randos, the mic works just fine.
    I can hear them and they can hear me. Again, same thing when I’m in an Xbox Live party. The only thing that doesnt work is my mic when I’m in a regular Fortnite party (not in an Xbox Live party).
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

Nobody can hear me on my mic but I can hear them

Hey there @chaseDUBEL, ! I hope that you are doing well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

If you can’t hear the person you’re trying to chat with after joining their party, try these tips:

• Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press
      the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.
    • Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the
      person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.
    • Check the party chat volume for each person in your party. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to check, and then verify that their volume slider is at a level that you can hear. To change the volume level, move left or right using the D-pad or the left thumbstick to adjust the volume slider.
    • Check that you have joined party chat from within the party window.
    • See if you’re experiencing network latency or other network issues. To do this, check the detailed network statistics for your network by following the steps in: Network settings on Xbox One
    • See if you’re experiencing an issue related to Network Address Translation (NAT): Troubleshoot NAT multiplayer game issues

I hope this helps you out! wish you lovely day!

Kind regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. xXGuNSMoKE Win User

Xbox Voice Chat not working

Yes I have used other accounts and I don’t think it would be the Jack that’s the problem seeing that I can hear myself when mic monitoring is turned on it’s just that voice chat isn’t working also I can hear from the headphones and I can’t talk even when using other headphones
Thema:

1. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. - Similar Threads - mic isn’t working

2. Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help

in XboX Insiders
    Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help: I been trying to fix an issue with my mic, it won’t work at all but I can hear myself in the mic monitoring but when I go into a party, there’s no output but I can still hear myself on the mic...
  3. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  4. Why isn’t my mic working on my rig 300 pro XH for party chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t my mic working on my rig 300 pro XH for party chat?: I just bought the headset and can’t talk to people but can hear them through the headset. 45e02b7b-3ec3-4fa1-9324-ad8d3158de3d
  5. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  6. Why isn’t my mic working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t my mic working: My mic on my head seat works in every game but a Xbox call 40c25563-88c2-4de3-84d1-e8e561c0b60c
  7. My mic isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic isn’t working.: When my mic is adjusted, I can’t hear people speaking. For example, when listening to music the vocals disappear, when talking to friends they become very quiet and when playing fifa I can’t hear...
  8. Mic isn’t working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic isn’t working.: So yesterday got home from work, booted up the Xbox and joined a party with my buddies. Only problem was is they can’t hear my speak. Yeah can hear them just fine but even with me going through...
  9. My iPhones Mic isn’t working on the Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iPhones Mic isn’t working on the Xbox app: My mic works on everything on my iPhone but the Xbox app my friends said I sound like I’m going through the dishwasher And I’ve been trying everything I can think of to fix it anyone know why it’s...
  10. Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?: So the new Microsoft Xbox wireless headset for the new Xbox series X is a fantastic headset. Feels great and sounds great. But one of the reasons why I got it is for mic monitoring. I set it on...