My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on

Discus and support My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing 2k and outta no where my xbox made a pop sound and turned off and now it don’t turn on efab7840-0b10-41c8-a24f-538717a72126 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jaykillzone347, Oct 19, 2023.

1. My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on

I was playing 2k and outta no where my xbox made a pop sound and turned off and now it don’t turn on

:)

Jaykillzone347, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Jaykillzone347! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you with your Xbox, mostly when this happens or makes this type of noise it is because the power supply is damaged, and obviously it will not turn on since it is damaged it is in charge of distributing the energy in the console. You have 2 options:

The first is to go to a friend who has an Xbox just like yours from the same series and borrow their power supply and attach it to your Xbox to find out if this is the real problem.

And the other thing is to request a repair directly from Xbox, through this link: http://myservice.xbox.com

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. OakGill Win User

xbox made a popping sound and now wont turn on

This may sound like a simple or even ridiculous question, but was the Xbox excessively cold when you hooked it up? That is to say was it stored outside before being turned on? Generally a popping sound coming from any electronics is not good, did you happen
    to notice a smell of burnt electronics? when it is not in use for the safety of you and your home I would keep it unplugged until this issue is resolved.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello cheesfudge04,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One is not turning on. We have a support article which provides troubleshooting steps for

a console not turning on
    . If the recommend troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, your console may need to

be repaired
    . Since you recently acquired the console, you may be able to reach out to the retailer and find out if you can exchange the device. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. It sounds like you got a defective console. Your best bet here to get a replacement the quickest would be to return it for an exchange.

If you're unable to do this you would need to set up a repair of the console at
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off

Hello Tilted!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

I'm sorry about the situation, Tilted!

We can't guarantee without a technical analysis ok?

But, normally this occurs when the internal fuse of the power supply is damaged by the power fluctuation.

The console will not turn on anyway, in which case, it will be necessary to forward the console for repair.

If it's under warranty, you can trigger it, and if it's not, it has the repair value by microsoft.

Enter the link, register the console.

After, click on it, go to 'online service'. In the category put hardware and drivers and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I'm sorry for the situation, and I'm available for any other questions.

All respects
Thema:

1. My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on - Similar Threads - made loud popping

2. Can I make a fan made Xbox profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I make a fan made Xbox profile: I wanna make a Xbox fan made profile picture and want to send it to you so you can make it an official Xbox profile cf4ffc54-4739-4926-b3b5-c328ccdf616e
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. I purchased modern warfare 2 on disc and my Xbox made a loud noise with my disc in it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased modern warfare 2 on disc and my Xbox made a loud noise with my disc in it and...: I payed $80 for this game and I don't have money to repurchase 884bea32-c3b6-44cf-ac1b-60487bee0cdb
  5. Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off: After playing for about 45 minutes, I heard a loud POP sound, my xbox shut down completely and then a weird smell lingered for a couple of seconds. At first I thought I blew a fuse and it was my...
  6. My xbox made loud noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox made loud noises: I had an xbox 360 and turned it on, after like 2 minuites the disc reader got really loud and didnt read my disc. I turned it off than back on, still the same problem. Than I tried reading the...
  7. Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all: Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all I was just playing rainbow six siege for about an hour in the morning and then got off for about 3hours came back...
  8. My Xbox made a loud niose and then turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox made a loud niose and then turned off.: My Xbox 1 just made a loud noise and turned of. I unplugged it and it turned back on and its working fine. Any body know what happened. Just want to know what happened....
  9. xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down: last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to console light turns off tried power at 2 diff...
  10. Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off: My son was playing xbox one BO3 when he heard a loud pop and everything went off. No signal and will not turn back on. Power block is orange. 719276a8-315e-4ee5-a0e1-eb5d4bb2b4a5