My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account

Discus and support My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, We have ONE console which has an account for my wife, me and my 12 year old son. Last year we downloaded lots of games onto my wife's account and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by williammorris434, Jul 8, 2020.

1. My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account

Hi,

We have ONE console which has an account for my wife, me and my 12 year old son. Last year we downloaded lots of games onto my wife's account and also installed xbox live gold through her account. We were able to play games on all of our accounts.

Our xbox live gold expired and so I have just bought a digital code online for another 12 months. This time I installed it onto my account and it works fine on my account. However, my son cannot get his games to work as it says he must have xbxox live gold.
    (My wife hasn't tried). I have set my account to 'make this my home xbox'.

We have only tried Fortnite and Forza 4. Same problem on each.

:)

williammorris434, Jul 8, 2020
  2. j4yt411 Win User

hiya ok this one is easy its down to where u have the home set what u can do is go to his one put ur profile in on his then set it to home ur see u can go back to yours and all is good then use the Microsoft family app to manage his games and times he
    plays ect then also return to yours after 24 hours and if you want to set urs back to home
  3. Keith Crosby Win User

An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to use this feature

Same here, though it works for my account (the main account with the Xbox Live Gold subscription), but not for my sons account. I also thought that only a single Xbox Live subscription was needed for all users on the box. Maybe EA doesn't toe that line?
    If so, that's a bunch of crap.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Family Gold. How much time can you have on it at once?

Q: Everyone in my family is already an Xbox LIVE Gold member. Is there a limit to how long my Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack subscription can be?

A: An Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack subscription cannot exceed 36 months. If your family members have more than 72 months of Xbox LIVE Gold membership remaining combined when they are added to the Xbox LIVE Gold family pack, any remaining time on their subscriptions
    in excess of the 72 months will be cancelled and you will not receive a refund for any time beyond 72 months.

-

Taken from the family pack FAQ.

-

www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ
  5. ngocphi Win User

Until you add them to your Gold Family Pack, "Gamertag" will not have access to any Gold Family Pack features.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...hange-region#74a5e4979269444288b7e908c6d9ee08

Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack membership

Although your existing Xbox LIVE Gold membership will work in the new region as long as it’s supported there (see the previous section, “Xbox LIVE Gold Membership,” for more information), the associated Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships will remain
    active but might not work like they should.

Even if these memberships stop working, if you have recurring billing, you’ll continue to be charged for your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships until you cancel at your My account page.

If Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack memberships are available in your new region, you can start a new membership once you’ve changed regions.

If you have trouble canceling your subscription online, contact Xbox Support.

i think this applies to everyone who is already in the family membership not someone who transfers regions

if you had created the family membership and not added someone this may apply you will have to contact support as this is a new tool
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My Minecraft multiplayer including servers and realms wont work after I change all the multiplayer and club settings to allow how do I fix this?

Oh, try please with a different game. Needs to be a paid game

Because free games doesn't need an Xbox live gold subscription in order to play online

Also, the account that owns Live gold... Is part of your family group?
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home
    If not, this can be a bit odd. But ask to the owner of the account to invite you to their family group
Thema:

1. My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account - Similar Threads - live gold subscription

2. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  3. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  4. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  5. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  6. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  7. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  8. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  9. I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...: xbox live gold not working 2d99fcab-bff0-4f66-b104-50bf8080a913
  10. Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription: So, every time I download and launch an Xbox Gold game, it says I need to renew Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.. even though I renewed it. submitted by /u/theboost182 [link] [comments]