My Xbox Live Gamertag is linked to a microsoft account that no longer exists.

Discus and support My Xbox Live Gamertag is linked to a microsoft account that no longer exists. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been working at trying to fix this for the passed 2 hours; my gamertag is Chatterbox1991 and any time i try to log into xbox live, i keep trying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnbilledPort83, Mar 10, 2014.

1. My Xbox Live Gamertag is linked to a microsoft account that no longer exists.

I have been working at trying to fix this for the passed 2 hours; my gamertag is Chatterbox1991 and any time i try to log into xbox live, i keep trying to put in my microsoft account, only it now no longer exists. I set about recreating the old account on
    the same email, password and everything, put it in, still nothing. all it did was create a new gamer profile when i hooked it up with Xbox Live (the one i'm using right now to write this.)

So i have an gamer profile that is signed up to xbox live but linked to nothing, so i can fully sign in cause the microsoft account and password don't work even though i'm sure that they are correct.

Could somebody please before i go completely insane?

:)

UnbilledPort83, Mar 10, 2014
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    Will i get banned for keep moving my xbox live from account to account

Why BAN?

Manage your Microsoft account

Switch gamertags between two Microsoft accounts

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3.

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

3.Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

xbox360italy, Mar 10, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    changing email address for xbox live account

-

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Example:

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

EggsBoxJuan, Mar 10, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Mar 10, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

6. XBF - Dom Win User

Microsoft account linked to gamertag no longer exists

Hello SantiagoBarbosa,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

If you still have access to your Xbox 360, you can try powering it on and seeing if your account is still signed in. If it is:

Navigate to your Settings and then select Account.

Once in Account, scroll right to Your Information and then Account Security.

You should see the Microsoft Account which will display the email that you are looking for.

Below I've provided a link to a guide from Microsoft support that will walk you through what you should do when you forget your Microsoft account username or associated email address. Try reading through the documentation and following the steps.

Link: You forgot your Microsoft account username

Since you have tried signing into an account but cannot remember the password, I would first try resetting your password. If that doesn't work, you can also try filling out the account recovery form located here: Recover your account (live.com)

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  7. andersonpassos Win User

Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Your Xbox gamertag is linked to your Microsoft account, but if it was created with an old email address that no longer exists, you will need to create a new Microsoft account with your current email address and link it to your Xbox gamertag.

To do this, follow these steps:

Go to the Xbox website and sign in with your current email address.

Create a new Xbox gamertag if necessary.

Link your new gamertag to your Microsoft account.

Transfer your Xbox Live Gamerscore and Xbox One games to your new gamertag.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

changing email address for xbox live account

-

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

Example:

Example:

Example:

9. Fatal Nitemare Win User

Deleting Xbox live account without deleting windows live

Switch gamertags between two Microsoft accounts

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Example:

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3.

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you have just created.

Example:

Example:

Example:

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. My Xbox Live Gamertag is linked to a microsoft account that no longer exists. - Similar Threads - Live Gamertag linked

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.: I can't log in Xbox Live in order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian playerin order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian player...
  4. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282
  5. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...
  6. Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account: Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main account’s gamertag. So, I paid the $10 required to...
  7. Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account: Hi! I can't access my Xbox live account and I can't figure out the email address I used to create it. I used the account to play Sea of Thieves on PC. I can provide Steam account that was linked...
  8. Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live: Hey, I want to change my gamertag on Xboxlive Unfortunalety, I can't confirm the action: I'm just stock on the "Here's what your gamertag will look like" with the lovely green bottom "Change...
  9. xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do: i have refreshed my page, keysmashed, used generators, and everything, but this stupid thing wont let me sign up. its not even suggesting me gamertags im so stressed i have my stupid little...
  10. Utterly overwhelmed trying to figure out how to link my gamertag to my Windows 8.1 Live ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Utterly overwhelmed trying to figure out how to link my gamertag to my Windows 8.1 Live ...: Hello! I just recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 on my desktop PC, and created a new Windows Live Account with a different email than the one I use to login to my Xbox Live profile. I want to be...