My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360

Discus and support My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last week I was known as zZFlickerBeanZz, I turned on my xbox today to get this message: "Sorry this profile can't connect to xbox live on this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CleanFawn780996, Mar 20, 2015.

1. My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360

Last week I was known as zZFlickerBeanZz, I turned on my xbox today to get this message:

"Sorry this profile can't connect to xbox live on this profile. To fix it, download it again."

I signed into my account on xbox.com and it says my gamertag is now .

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

:)

CleanFawn780996, Mar 20, 2015
  2. EDDS
    EDDS Guest
    360 and One on same gold account

If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You'll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time

Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One - IGN

3. How to change gamertag without having a Xbox360 console?

You can only change your gamertag on Xbox LIVE via the Xbox 360 Console. The only way you can change a Gamertag online is via Xbox.com when you first sign up to the Xbox.com website and Xbox LIVE, other than that there is no other way but the Xbox console.

Also in order to be able to retrieve your Original Xbox Gamertag. You will need the Windows LIVE ID details associated with it in order to be able to recover it (on an Xbox 360 console) or sign into the Xbox LIVE app for Windows Phone.

The Resistance, Mar 20, 2015
  4. My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360

Having checked my email it appears my gamer tag was changed because somehow, someone managed to find offense in [Mod Removed] which I have been using for two years. As it happens Flicker and Bean are the middle names of my two boys. Looking at them together
    now I can see that it could be deemed offensive, but only by a mind that is already attuned to such thoughts and as such not easily offended by them.

I am not keen on changing my gamertag however if it is deemed in appropriate then I will change it, however I paid for that gamer tag and refuse to pay to change it again due to what is most likely some incredulous child who is hurt because I beat them at
    their favorite game deciding to report me.

I find this to be ridiculous and would like an email address or a UK number that I can call to discuss this matter.

CleanFawn780996, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The enforcement team are the only ones who handle forced gamertag changes. For an official response from them, you will need to post here -

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Per the code of conduct that you agreed to, if the enforcement team determined a gamertag violates the code of conduct, you are given a randomly generated tag and you will have to pay to change it to something else. It doesn't matter how long you've had
    a tag or why you were reported, the enforcement team are the ones who determine whether or not a tag violates the code.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  6. The Resistance Win User

How to change gamertag without having a Xbox360 console?

You can only change your gamertag on Xbox LIVE via the Xbox 360 Console. The only way you can change a Gamertag online is via Xbox.com when you first sign up to the Xbox.com website and Xbox LIVE, other than that there is no other way but the Xbox console.

Also in order to be able to retrieve your Original Xbox Gamertag. You will need the Windows LIVE ID details associated with it in order to be able to recover it (on an Xbox 360 console) or sign into the Xbox LIVE app for Windows Phone.
  7. CleanFawn780996 Win User

My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360

Having checked my email it appears my gamer tag was changed because somehow, someone managed to find offense in [Mod Removed] which I have been using for two years. As it happens Flicker and Bean are the middle names of my two boys. Looking at them together
    now I can see that it could be deemed offensive, but only by a mind that is already attuned to such thoughts and as such not easily offended by them.

I am not keen on changing my gamertag however if it is deemed in appropriate then I will change it, however I paid for that gamer tag and refuse to pay to change it again due to what is most likely some incredulous child who is hurt because I beat them at
    their favorite game deciding to report me.

I find this to be ridiculous and would like an email address or a UK number that I can call to discuss this matter.
  8. Smwutches Win User

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle forced gamertag changes. For an official response from them, you will need to post here -

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Per the code of conduct that you agreed to, if the enforcement team determined a gamertag violates the code of conduct, you are given a randomly generated tag and you will have to pay to change it to something else. It doesn't matter how long you've had
    a tag or why you were reported, the enforcement team are the ones who determine whether or not a tag violates the code.
  9. Gstevie Win User

Geting help change my Gamertag

The txt quoted is in the section which yes has the Windows LIVE section below, but at the top clearly states Xbox 360 Console:

"How to change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

Change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console

You can easily change your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox LIVE gamertag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the Price of the change, and do one of the following:

Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

Note Click Add Microsoft Points if you don’t have enough points to complete the purchase.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox LIVE. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically."

Again a clear statement from Microsoft, it should be honoured not dismissed.
  10. itylernallen Win User

Xbox live gamer tag change

Sorry, I forgot to add the link on how to change your Gamertag. You can only do this via your Xbox 360 console, here are the steps needed if you are unsure.

support.xbox.com/.../change-gamertag
Thema:

1. My Xbox live gamertag has changed and I can no longer sign in to Xbox Live via 360 - Similar Threads - live gamertag has

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.: I can't log in Xbox Live in order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian playerin order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian player...
  4. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282
  5. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...
  6. Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag problems on Xbox Live account: Hi! I have a problem with my gamertag. I have a second account which had the same gamertag as my main one, though there are numbers on my main account’s gamertag. So, I paid the $10 required to...
  7. Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my Xbox live account with Gamertag and additional info regarding the account: Hi! I can't access my Xbox live account and I can't figure out the email address I used to create it. I used the account to play Sea of Thieves on PC. I can provide Steam account that was linked...
  8. Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Impossible to change my gamertag on Xbox Live: Hey, I want to change my gamertag on Xboxlive Unfortunalety, I can't confirm the action: I'm just stock on the "Here's what your gamertag will look like" with the lovely green bottom "Change...
  9. xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live signup wont let me pick any gamertag no matter what i do: i have refreshed my page, keysmashed, used generators, and everything, but this stupid thing wont let me sign up. its not even suggesting me gamertags im so stressed i have my stupid little...
  10. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account: I know a lot of people have the same problem: it is not possible to move yout Xbox Live Account to a diferent Microsoft Account. For example, in my case, my sister and I created my Xbox Live...