My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

Discus and support My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheRealHillbilly, Dec 29, 2023.

1. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m advanced

:)

TheRealHillbilly, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is greatly appreciated

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox console.

According to the official Xbox website, kindly try to perform the following workarounds: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Note: The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

"1. If the console is too hot.

Turn off the console.
    Wait at least one hour.
    Move the console to a well-ventilated spot.
    Turn on the console.

It is important to make sure your console is in a cool, well-ventilated place. Remove any objects on, under, or right next to the console.

2. Troubleshoot your power supply:

Important: To ensure that your console is receiving the full voltage necessary, plug your console’s power cord directly into a wall outlet and not any kind of surge protector or extension cord.

If your console continues to shut down unexpectedly, the problem might be the power supply. For info about how to troubleshoot power supply issues, go to:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on

3. Change the console settings so it doesn't turn off automatically.

Turn on the console.
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    Under Options, select Turn off after, and then select Don’t turn off automatically.

4. Perform a system reset to clear any corruption

Important: System corruption can sometimes spread to external storage devices, so unplug any external storage (such as external hard drives) before performing a system reset and leave such devices unplugged until you’re able to verify whether the issue is still occurring after the reset.

Console shutdowns can sometimes happen due to system corruption, requiring the console to be reset to factory defaults. Perform a factory reset keep my games and apps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults "

If the issue persists, you may need to check your free warranty repair options for your console through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. lacrosse00 Win User

Xbox live update currently unavailable

Did all this happen while trying to play a game? If so, open your disk drive and then turn off your xbox, then put that game disk on the disk drive and turn on your xbox. This should immediately trigger the update to start. It may take a couple of tries,
    but once it takes the update you should be fine.
  4. Raijin KC Win User

Xbox One randomly ejects disk or turns on.

i have the same problem with my xbox one. i found that if you take the disk out after playing, the xbox will not turn on by itself but you can still here the eject noise while its off sometimes. it still ejects my disk by itself also while im playing a game
    sometimes as well
  5. M0b1usL0g1c Win User

My Xbox One will play Blu-ray discs but not DVDs

I have this same problem, it IS a problem.

I have just been through Xbox customer service. I have done all the steps including resetting my Xbox One. I have hard shut-down and unplugged, I have turned off instant-on, I have done everything possible short of buying a PS4 and performing a ritual
    sacrifice in my living room to appease the Gods of the Media Formats.

The problem: my Xbox One disk drive WILL read Blu-ray disks (games and movies), but WILL NOT read DVD disks (games or movies). Things that will play: Zootopia Blu-ray, Far Cry Primal. Things that will not play: Pan's Labyrinth, Star Wars Battlefront. Yes,
    my Xbone used to play these DVD's, no it will not now. I only get a message popping up "Please eject the disk and try again". It doesn't even sound like it spins the DVD to read it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
  6. jasonfails Win User

Help!!!! Need to call to speak to a LIVE peraon!

I'm having issues with my Xbox one s and it keep turning off while I play the game and watch Netflix
Thema:

My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

1. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is... - Similar Threads - keeps turning off

2. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  3. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  4. My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off: i have a really big problem that started around a week ago were my xbox series x/s controller kept on disconnecting every now and again and now its really bad were it just wont work anymore at all...
  5. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  6. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  7. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  8. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  9. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  10. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote: My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be playing and I will press the power button on...