My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account

Discus and support My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've relinked my account 10 times, I've done it in console and the apps, I've reset, restart, and power cycles my Xbox and it's not working. Everytime... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CursedKing, Nov 29, 2023.

1. CursedKing
    CursedKing Guest

I've relinked my account 10 times, I've done it in console and the apps, I've reset, restart, and power cycles my Xbox and it's not working. Everytime I relink it, I get told to do it again. Nothing's working.

:)

CursedKing, Nov 29, 2023
  2. KiloRamhardt Win User

Why am I running into a relink my discord loop while trying to join a voice chat?

Hello! I know this is.. several months in the future, but I'm having the identical problem to this. My Xbox is repeatedly telling me I need to "relink" my account. Discord thinks everything is perfectly fine, it's only having issues when I try to transfer it to Xbox. I've relinked my account through the prompt, manually disconnected and reconnected my discord through the Xbox, and I've even manually disconnected and reconnected my discord through the discord app. Any suggestions? - as this is very frustrating to deal with.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there CursedKing, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It seems to be an ongoing issue with Discord that is affecting many players. You can confirm this in the following threads I'll attach, where you can see that other players are also experiencing the same problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0a0df7da-1f94-4867-b2a8-174a068f652b

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/098daf31-6c16-4ed6-8d3f-13d5fe87c462

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0326880f-998e-481d-b588-abeca0ed58f7

Since, as you can see, it appears to be a widespread emerging issue, I recommend that you help Xbox by reporting the problem through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click the green button that says "Report" and fill in the information as detailed as possible.

This way, Xbox can be aware that there is an issue with Discord linking and can work on resolving the problem as soon as possible.

Please note that in this public forum, we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and let's hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. FracturedSoul23 Win User

I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

Thanks for the Response but that isn't linked to what i've said

I am trying to speak Through Discord via accessing Discord Servers and Xbox is Telling me to Re-Link my Account. I have Tried to do so and it hasn't worked. I have Unlinked and Relinked accounts to no Avail. I even created a New Account on Discord to try it out and it did not work

I even tried linking my Discord on another account on my Xbox and it's the Same Result
  5. Nick Jones5 Win User

Can't link my discord with my xbox

Same problem for me. I was in discord on xobox and tried to invite someone to a lobby and it kicked me out and shows an exclamation relink account for discord on my xbox. Discord works fine on phone app and shows that discord is linked to my xbox in my app on phone but I cant use discord on xbox
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

Hi, Amanzz my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

You may be currently experiencing discomfort with the discord and xbox services. i have to tell you that a few days ago they experienced a general failure that affected most of their users around the world (including me) so if none of my solutions helped you, you should keep waiting for the services to work excellently again, recently it has been announced that they have solved their problems but there may be certain users who have the problem for a few more days.

Discord Account: Verify that your Discord account is in good standing and doesn't have any restrictions or suspensions.
    Xbox Account: Ensure your Xbox account is active and not linked to another Discord account.

Connection Issues:

Internet Connection: Check your internet connection for stability and speed. Discord requires a stable internet connection to maintain the link with your Xbox account.
    Xbox Network Connection: Verify that your Xbox is connected to the internet and that your network settings are configured correctly.
    Discord App Issues:

App Version: Ensure you're using the latest version of the Discord app on your Xbox. Outdated versions can cause compatibility issues.
    App Data: Try resetting the Discord app data on your Xbox. This can sometimes resolve temporary glitches or software conflicts. Go to Settings > Apps > Discord > Advanced options > Reset.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Relink Accounts: Try relinking your Discord and Xbox accounts again. Sometimes, a simple re-authentication can fix the problem.
    Restart Devices: Restart your Xbox and your router/modem. This can often refresh the network connection and resolve temporary glitches.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account - Similar Threads - keeps telling relink

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  4. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  5. My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...: I've been having this problem where my xbox along with my TV keeps shutting off on me. It usually happens whenever I click into a game. I've tried plugging the xbox and hdmi into multiple outlets...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.: On both my phone and Xbox Game Bar, it keeps telling me that I earned points, but when I go to open the app, nothing comes up and it just takes me to my profile. Only about 35% of the time does it...
  8. Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to: Ive read through other questions about this on the forums but no matter what nothing seems to work, Ive tried unlinking it both on the xbox itself and through both the xbox and discord apps and...
  9. I try to log onto Fortnite on my Xbox but every time it keeps telling me that an unexpected...

in XBoX on Windows
    I try to log onto Fortnite on my Xbox but every time it keeps telling me that an unexpected...: I try to log into my Fortnite from my Xbox but every time I load up it keeps telling me that an unexpected error has occurred while signing in to your account t for Xbox live I don’t know what to...
  10. Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.: For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please help. e20de5bc-6fa8-48df-bba9-36ecbbf6e5f5