My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start

Discus and support My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox keeps on saying signin took too long to start and then won't sign in. The only solution I can find for this is to hard restart my console... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Earthpuppy, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Earthpuppy
    Earthpuppy Guest

My Xbox keeps on saying signin took too long to start and then won't sign in. The only solution I can find for this is to hard restart my console however I have done this 16 times now and it will not work. does anyone know how to fix this

:)

Earthpuppy, Jul 8, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Were you able to pull up the Xbox troubleshooter page? Try to power cycle your Xbox first then perform the manual reset to pull up the Xbox troubleshooter page. If you can access your console settings, you can also reset it from there.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi! Thanks for your reply. If you're playing your games online, you just need to sign in to your account to continue where you left off. If you wish to try, power cycle your Xbox then press and hold the Bind button and the Eject button, then press the Power Button. Bind is located below the power button on the Xbox One S. The Eject button is next to the disc drive on the front of the console.

Hold the Bind and Eject buttons for between 10 and 15 seconds, or until you hear the system power-up sound twice in a row. The process has failed if you do not hear the power-up sound or if you hear the power-down sound. Let me know if you're able to pull up the Xbox troubleshooter page.
  4. Earthpuppy Win User

Its a one s but will I get absolutely everything back after the reset
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

May I know which Xbox console are you using? You can reset your console manually to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps. Just a heads-up, doing this will erase the profiles on the console including the Home Xbox designation but will not remove any installed games & apps on your console. You can download your profile back after the reset.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Took too long to start

Hello @AshtonOgle, I hope everything is going well for you!

Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
Thema:

1. My xbox keeps on saying sign in took too long too start - Similar Threads - keeps saying sign

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  5. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  6. My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.: I've tried everything. I Uninstalled it twice. Did a hard reboot 3x. I shut it down correctly then opened it back up. I even tried to do everything through xbox app. And still nothing. Please...
  7. I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong: My Xbox user is CurvedZero93840 5efbdb22-cde3-413c-9219-320b6e3c5a4e
  8. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  9. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying "A problem occurred while signing in"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying "A problem occurred while signing in"?: Why does my Xbox 360 keep saying a problem occurred while signing in? 86dda86d-23ac-4894-97a0-aac178e14dce