My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi at night

Discus and support My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi at night in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last few days after 11:30ish my Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi for 30 seconds or so when I’m in games, so I get kicked out from games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MwenyeNguvu, Nov 25, 2023.

1. MwenyeNguvu
    MwenyeNguvu Guest

For the last few days after 11:30ish my Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi for 30 seconds or so when I’m in games, so I get kicked out from games and parties I’m in. I basically play only fortnite and eafc and my game will freeze and then I’ll get sent back to the lobby or ultimate team menu. In fortnite it says network connection lost and in eafc I don’t lose connection to the servers it says EA servers cant process my request and I get sent to the UT menu. I’ve tried clearing my alternate mac adresss and hard resetting my console. What do I do?

:)

MwenyeNguvu, Nov 25, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello again MwenyeNguvu,

It is possible that it has a hardware problem due to the time of use. If you have the possibility of purchasing a new, more updated console, you can do so, but if you want to keep your current console, you can send it for repair at a technical service without problems.

In any case, to rule out possible problems, try contacting your ISP to see what they tell you.

Greetings,
    Jose.
  3. MwenyeNguvu Win User

So I was playing today and I realized it’s not just at that time. After I play for like 2-3 hours that’s when I start to get disconnected. It only happens when I’m in games not during the menu as well. I’ve had this Xbox one for 7 years maybe it’s time for a new one?
  4. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi MwenyeNguvu, my name is Jose and it is my pleasure to help you.

I understand that you are experiencing issues where your console disconnects from your wireless network at a specific time. The Xbox does not have a specific setting to disconnect at certain times outside of being restricted in family settings. Have you tried checking if your router has some kind of auto restart option? Most home routers, modems, and gateways have options to reboot at a time that can be configured by the user or manufacturer. Additionally, you may want to connect your console using an Ethernet cable to your network device instead of using a wireless connection.

Note: If you lose other connections, check your router settings, as it appears a specific time has been set. Even if it's just the console, check the router settings for that device.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/81c07d4f-70d4-429f-bc48-bbda405212f7

In that link, you can see that a user was presenting a problem similar to yours and several users in the community helped with a solution, so you can go to that page to get a little more information.

I hope this information has helped you in some way, let me know if you need more help.

Greetings,
    Jose.
  5. JFKsRifleTrifle Win User

My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi

My Xbox is now working perfectly thank you so much
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi

Hello
    JFKsRifleTrifle

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi at night - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting wifi

2. I keep getting disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected: Whenever I play any game solo , online or offline , even if I am in an Xbox party chat with friends , after playing the game for about an hour I am disconnected from the Xbox network, this never...
  3. My xbox and only my xbox keeps disconnecting at the same time everynight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and only my xbox keeps disconnecting at the same time everynight.: Why does my xbox keep disconnecting from my internet for 2 minutes at 11:59 every single night? It’s only my xbox that disconnects. Ive played since 12am on my playstation before and it didnt...
  4. Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi: Why can’t I simply call a number to get help from something that isn’t a chatbot? My brand new series x will not let me play anything online for more than a minute before booting me off. It is not...
  5. Wifi keeps disconnecting for a second

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi keeps disconnecting for a second: I have a xbox one s and 2 days ago my wifi went out for a couple hours ever since then the xbox cant seem to get a stable connection it will connect to my wifi but a couple seconds later it will...
  6. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...: My console seems to drop out of connection with the wifi, but only during online play. This has happened with Titanfall 2, Fortnite, and now Halo Infinite. 3f120b71-ba3b-42b9-984f-ee1328f309be
  7. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi: My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again it asks for a MAC address, which I know how...
  8. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  9. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....
  10. Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi every 5-10 minutes! I have to put password in again...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi every 5-10 minutes! I have to put password in again...: Had the Series X for like 2 months now and it consistently disconnects itself from the wifi every 5-10 minutes while I’m playing games, or doing anything online at all. I’ve restarted my modem and...