MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...

Discus and support MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching hdmis didnt help tried messing with settings on my xbox didnt help tried resetting xbox and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lil yachey, Sep 9, 2023.

1. lil yachey
    lil yachey Guest

MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...

tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching hdmis didnt help tried messing with settings on my xbox didnt help tried resetting xbox and tv didnt help

:)

lil yachey, Sep 9, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching hdmis didnt help tried messing with settings on my xbox didnt help tried resetting xbox and tv didnt help

you should try it on another TV, there is nothing on the Xbox that should make it black and white
  3. Kemnet Win User

Xbox 360 shows in black and white.

Hi, I plugged it everywhere but still no color, I tried on my older TV and there is color , my wii and my cable shows color on my new tv (same place I plug in the xbox) so i know it's just a matter of compatibility somewhere.

I have already tried the restart the display defaults but that didnt help.

So last resort is a new cable, is the S video cable not an option?

Secondly, is there a black and white issue when plugged to televisions not supporting composite?
  4. TwoShots 2Ki11s Win User

Component Cable - Only 480p / Black and White image?

With the switch on the component cable set to "TV/SD" it only support 480p, which is the yellow, red, and white. With the switch on the component cable set to "HDTV", it supports 1080p, which is green, red, blue, white, and red. You have to be using all
    5 of those colors to utilize it. Looks like the Hauppauge unit doesnt support all those colors. You will either have to settle for 480p with the yellow, red and white or buy a another unit that supports the 5 color component cable. Also the xbox only supports
    60hz refresh rate.

XBOOXTECH
  5. Senryu BR Win User

Black and White Screen?

That´s a meter of what cable you use.

If you use the AV or YPbPr they use the same cable one part like a like a USB cable (enter in xbox and another like normal multi colotr cables enter in TV and...

The HDMI only 3d cables has correct direction...just put one in xbox and one in your TV.

If you already do that and know that we go to next solution....

Go to options video configuration and begin to test your TV resolution by that method

Put TV and 360 in 480 i (if the colors shows in screen ok next pass).

Put 360 and TV in 720 i (same case above)

Put your TV and 360 in 720 p

After the final one 1080 i and p if want (if in somone your tv loses color the problem homes in a bad comunication between your TV and 360 is rare but happens...)

If that not resolve try 2 more things:

Change your HDMI for other new or...

Test your 360 in a friend/family home in another TV to make sure if the problem home in your TV or in 360.

I hope if i helped you and forgive my bad english it´s self learnerd.
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

my x box is only working in black and white

Hey ONLYONEWHELO! I'm sorry to hear about the issue here, let's see if we can get you back up and gaming in color. Can you tell me a bit more about your current set up? What make and model of TV do you have? Are you using HDMI or A/V?

To troubleshoot, can I have you try the steps in our support article
    Xbox 360 images on your TV are unclear
    . That will cover the basics! Let us know if it helps. :)
Thema:

1. MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching... - Similar Threads - BLACK WHITE tried

2. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  3. Screen black and white

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen black and white: When I turn my Xbox one on the screen is black and white. I would unplug and turn on and that would work sometimes but now it is just black and white I have not changed any settings I decided to...
  4. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  5. Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller?: Can I switch the attached black controller when I buy the XSX to white controller? I just simply don't like the color. Or can I only buy the consule but not the controller?...
  6. Xbox One S is showing only black and white output, no colour!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S is showing only black and white output, no colour!: my Xbox One S is showing only black and white output. tried few options, but nothing seems to work. The TV is in good condition and the cables are fine . some have said about soft reboot, hard...
  7. Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...: I’m just looking to see where I can buy a cooling stand, with the controller charger included, specifically for my system, I keep accidentally getting the ones for s and x series....
  8. My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...: My Xbox app opens into a black screen with a white Xbox logo loading screen. I have left it loading for hours and it doesn't open. The app used to work fine, until this happened. I cannot access...
  9. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  10. Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?: Console turns on but when it gets passed the xbox loading screen, everything including apps & games are black & white 4895b4d9-d292-4288-b451-a055f7818766