My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

Discus and support My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files 3f8adfac-dc4a-416c-a8e2-9589f1d2b55f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MaxitKG, Sep 11, 2023.

1. MaxitKG
    MaxitKG Guest

Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files

:)

MaxitKG, Sep 11, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Are you talking about videos and music you downloaded from the internet and stored on a external drive to be used as a media drive?

If so since you are talking about a variety of codecs . have you downloaded VLC for xbox ? It is a very very good program a d supports a varietyof third party codecs

Windows mediaplayer doesn't really support non mainstream codecs

Mp4 mpg.avi wmv etc

Vlc tends to support hundreds even ogg
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Hi MaxitKG

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you have noticed that that your music doesn't play same with your movies on your Xbox. That is why you want to know how to fix it.

We understand, that you are quite at loss right now. Given that you are unable to play movies and music on your Xbox. That is why, we will do our best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Are you currently using an Xbox console or is it the Xbox app installed on your PC?

• What were the initial troubleshooting steps have you already tried so far?

• Have you already tried the steps provided from this support article links: Troubleshoot Movies & TV on Xbox | Xbox Support/ Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support?

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Farscape247 Win User

New Controller - 3.5mm Jack Question

I use the turtle beaches and I play games, watch movies and listen to music with them and works for anything that plays through the xbox, that includes all network shared music and movies.
  6. qdev3 Win User

MP4 on mac to xbox

can i transfer them with a pc? Also why does my ipod play music through the xbox but not movies (mp4)?
Thema:

1. My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help - Similar Threads - playing music movies

2. Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360: So I saw that a media player was present and I knew in the past we could hook our mp3 players to our 360 to play music so I tried with my phone and got error code 03-800705b4 anyone know this...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  5. YT music so I can listen to it while I play

in XboX Insiders
    YT music so I can listen to it while I play: I need a yt music app on my Xbox submitted by /u/wurmEmpire [link] [comments]
  6. Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?: Hello, I just got the Xbox Series X and i noticed that when i have Spotify playing and a game running it will stop the audio for a second when switching to the starting menu and vice versa. Is it...
  7. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  8. Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it: I just want to share music with friends so we can jam out 4fe8af72-6046-4103-9c2e-8032564424c4
  9. Playing music from Archive.org via xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing music from Archive.org via xbox: I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to stream a music link from Archive.org via Xbox. I know I can open Edge and put the link in the browser. It works great, unless you want to have it in the...
  10. How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I play audio cd`s since Groove Music disappeared?: Hi there. In the past I was able to play Audio CD`s through Groove Music. Since that is no longer available how do I play audio CD`s? I have tried downloading the Audio CD Player app from the...