My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why.

Discus and support My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I tried to download assassins creed Valhalla I accidentally pressed ok to an update to the game, I didn’t think anything of it at first but once... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShimUI, Oct 11, 2023.

1. ShimUI
    ShimUI Guest

When I tried to download assassins creed Valhalla I accidentally pressed ok to an update to the game, I didn’t think anything of it at first but once it got to around 26.3% it stopped downloading and wouldn’t download anymore when I tried to resume it, it didn’t work, and no other game would download when I tried other games. I’ve tried power cycling my Xbox and clearing local save data, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it didn’t work. I’m confused as to why it started glitching so suddenly, if anyone has any advice I’d appreciate it a lot. *update* my games and apps take a while to load now, no idea what’s causing it

:)

ShimUI, Oct 11, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

*FIXED* My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why.

Hello ShimUI,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, it is not possible to download or install any games in your Xbox console after installing update of the game. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that the issue is caused by corrupted game in your Xbox console. Let us reset your console to factory defaults by keeping your apps and games. This option resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Here are the steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    • Select Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options: Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ShimUI,

We are happy to hear that the problem you had with downloading games in your console has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts)."

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

4. ShimUI Win User

It seems like this worked! Thank you for the advice.
  5. joshua jimenez2 Win User

Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

So I did the hard reset and it still has not worked, I don’t know what else it could be. I’m assuming that means I can no longer play my Xbox 360 games anymore and being able to save my progress. I honestly don’t know why I’m having this issue.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Will there be a transfer cable for One X?

I’m not sure I follow.

Right now I have a lot of digital games downloaded on my One. There will Ben an option to move them over through the network which is quicker than manually redownloading all of them?

Also how will games with gold work? I’m giving my One to my son and most likely I won’t play it anymore. Will he still be able to play the GWG games or will I have to keep it as my home console?

I’d prefer to keep the X as my home.
Thema:

1. My Xbox is not downloading games anymore and I’m not sure why. - Similar Threads - downloading games anymore

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  9. Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore: I can no longer download games using my Xbox app (or Windows Store) on my PC. I have several games on the app outside of Game Pass, such as Gears 4 and Psychonauts 2, but I now can't download any...
  10. Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?: Purchased the Hogwarts legacy deluxe edition that said it was compatable for x/s and 1s, had it downloaded when the 1s version was released. Uninstalled it due to error issues but cannot...