My Xbox is lagging a lot I have power cycled it tons of times how can I fix it

Discus and support My Xbox is lagging a lot I have power cycled it tons of times how can I fix it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was going to play some Roblox and then my Xbox just kept lagging I restarted it and then I struggled to sign me in it just froze later it got to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bruno Huffer, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Bruno Huffer
    Bruno Huffer Guest

So I was going to play some Roblox and then my Xbox just kept lagging I restarted it and then I struggled to sign me in it just froze later it got to the home screen and then it was frozen as well can anyone help please - Bruno

:)

Bruno Huffer, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Bruno,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing lagging issues with your Xbox when playing the game. Let us help you by providing some possible solution to help fix the problem.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What type of Xbox console are you playing?

2. Is this happening to specific game only or happening to all?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Xbox is connected to a stable internet connection. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that helps.

2. Clear the cache: Clearing the cache on your Xbox can help to improve performance. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

3. Uninstall unnecessary games and apps: If your Xbox is running low on storage space, it can cause lagging issues. Try uninstalling any games or apps that you no longer use.

4. Check for updates: Make sure that your Xbox is up to date with the latest software updates. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Bruno,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. geekfather Win User

”I get an error message when I run the ‘Test network connection’ on Xbox One”

Meant no disrespect. Power cycling seems to be fixing a lot of the issues. It is the first thing anyone should try before they believe what the diagnostics tell them to do. You can try the feedback forums here maybe?

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you read a lot of the posts on this forum most of the time power cycling appears to be the cure for a lot of woes including my own from time to time. I have currently been power cycling mine every 2 weeks.

Good luck!
  5. Joc Holliday Win User

Can’t play games on Xbox, tried all the troubleshooting.

Might wanna try uninstalling the game, perform a power cycle on the Xbox and perform a power cycle on the Xbox.

Normally fixs that issue a lot its a long process but it works for most a lot of the times.
  6. JP189512 Win User

Gears of War Ultimate Edition Red Screen Fix

Done all the things quoted that would fix it, nothing works, have factory reset my 1X twice, uninstalled reinstalled 4 times, power cycled a ton, cleared cache a dozen times, nothing works!
Thema:

1. My Xbox is lagging a lot I have power cycled it tons of times how can I fix it - Similar Threads - lagging lot power

2. How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out: How do I get better connection for my Game 4688434d-a986-4c3f-91cb-f7edbde9c348
  3. xbox drops frames and lags while mouse is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox drops frames and lags while mouse is connected: I have recently been having problems with my Xbox Series X where my mouse seem to make my games audio and visually lag. For games like fortnite and Call Of Duty, every time I move my mouse my...
  4. My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.: For the past few months, my keyboard will have random times where it has input delay. Ive reset the drivers, used a diffrent keyboard, scanned for viruses, lowered graphics while playing my games,...
  5. Eso Lag Issues fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Eso Lag Issues fixed: For quite sometime I have been having epic issues with lag online pvp eso... So after some thought I bought the new xbox series x.. Headed to pvp and tadaa no lag what so ever even when a zerg...
  6. Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.: Hey, so I've had this Xbox One S for 5 years and for a month now, my Spotify constantly lags in every song. Every song that i listen to, lags at least 2 or 3 times and it's very irritating because...
  7. A lot of lag when playing Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A lot of lag when playing Minecraft: i get up to 350ms when playing Minecraft, hypixel server. Why is this? my GPU is AMD Radeon R7 M370 my CPU is Intel Core i7 and 8GB RAM. any recommendations? or tips to reduce this lag?...
  8. Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games: I've just upgraded from an OG Xbox One to a Xbox Series S and am noticing a LOT of lag in multiplayer games that wasn't (and still isn't) present on my Xbox One. I've hooked the Xbox One back up...
  9. I having a lot of LAG in multiplayer gaming, tried to remove double NAT, strict NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I having a lot of LAG in multiplayer gaming, tried to remove double NAT, strict NAT: Here is my Network diagram. [img] All connections from DISH to XBOX one are wired. I have configured DMZ for XBOX one IP (192.168.0.10) on Linksys E1200, Linksys E1200 is at 192.168.0.1 with...
  10. I keep experiencing lag issues and getting signed out a lot

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep experiencing lag issues and getting signed out a lot: I've been having this problem for the passed few months. I'd occasionally get signed out and lag horribly in any online game I play. I've tried everything too. I reset the router, hard reset the...