My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

Discus and support My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brodie lynn, Oct 13, 2023.

1. brodie lynn
    brodie lynn Guest

I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that.

About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out that my Xbox One and my husbands Xbox Series X both refuse to let us launch games. We thought maybe it was the connection to the wi-fi so we disconnected and reconnected to the wi-fi and tested connection. Xbox gave us the all clear so we tried to launch the games again. Some of which were purchased digitally outside of GamePass through the Microsoft store and it refused to let us again. We then tried to install a random game to test it, it let us install but wouldn't let us launch the game. It says to sign in with account used to purchase these games. The account is signed it. We check, the subscription is active. So we restart the Xbox both by closing it via using the controller and hard restarting by actually pressing the button on the Xbox for 10 seconds and letting it be off for 30seconds as recommended on forums we had dug through. Can you guess? No luck. We even created a second guest wi-fi and no luck there. We reset the consoles and it now gives us an error code claiming that there is a connectivity issue. Code: (0x80072ee2). We tested the internet again and were given the all clear and it still gives us the same code immediately. I reset the Xbox One and when asking if given a code, I do not have one, I press that option and it now stays on a loading screen. We tried seeking out Xbox support to no avail. We are considering closing our GamePass subscription and trading in for different consoles unless this can ve resolved. Thank you.

:)

brodie lynn, Oct 13, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi brodie lynn,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Xbox console. We truly understand how frustrating this can be.

First, I need you to visit the website below and sign in your account to check if you can find the game you've purchased on that account. This is for us to make sure that we have the game license on the account. Learn more: Microsoft account | Order history

Once you able to see the game on the Order history on that account. Just follow the steps below how to find your games that you owned.

- Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.
    - Under Full library > Owned games, you’ll see all games that you own with the profile that’s signed in to the console.
    - If a game that you own hasn’t been installed on your console, there’s a download icon on the game title. Selecting the title prompts you to install the game before you can play it.

Then for your issue on network connection on your Xbox console. You may try to follow the steps on this support article: Error 0x80072EE2 occurs when installing a game on a PC or when updating your Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you to resolve your issue. We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello brodie lynn,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. grdolph Win User

Errorcode 0x87de0003 Xbox One

Trying to launch my games, but they won't launch. Connection to internet is fine - I can see the advertisements of games etc. I just can't launch the games and I'm getting this error: "We were unable to start your game or app if you see this error again
    try restarting your console (0x87de003)"
  5. Kittenito Win User

Why can I not connect to the Xbox network

I'm having the same issue. It's saying UPnP not successful. Won't connect to Xbox live but my internet is fine and I can watch YouTube on the Xbox but can't launch any games
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Forza Horizon 5

While still connected to the internet, Leave the xbox app open then disconnect from the internet and see if you can launch the game.
Thema:

1. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps. - Similar Threads - connected Internet won't

2. Xbox won't load games, friends, or anything else, but is connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't load games, friends, or anything else, but is connected to the internet.: Issue resolved. Thank you. 39a9c321-2f1f-451d-9680-fdac00ba79ee
  3. My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox: I'm trying to contact my xbox in a different house and It won't work I have tried most of the things it says to do and it works on all my other devices and I don't want to have to reset the xbox...
  4. Xbox one won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to the internet: My xbox one won't connect to the internet despite all other devices working on the network. Nothing has been changed with the network in the past few days and I am using a wireless connection....
  5. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  6. Xbox 360 s won't connect to internet, all normal methods not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s won't connect to internet, all normal methods not working.: Ok I'm gonna start this with saying that almost all methods I have tried have not worked, I have not replaced the network adapter at this point yet but I'm going to describe what is happening to...
  7. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but my xbox one still won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but my xbox one still won't connect to the internet: I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but my xbox one still won't connect to the internet how do I connect my xbox to the internet, bc my wife's xbox is connected but mine won't connect...
  8. My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series S won't connect to internet and is stuck in WIRED mode: I can't get my series S to connect. I've tried every version of power cycling and hard factory reset. Now I'm stuck in the initial setup and it won't connect. Every other device in my house...
  9. My xbox 360 won't connect to to Internet through hot spot on my mbile

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 won't connect to to Internet through hot spot on my mbile: It connects to the WiFi hotspot but not the Internet through the WiFi hotspot e8ebad97-2fc8-46b4-aefd-f904199e22da
  10. Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to internet extenders?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to internet extenders?: This issue kinda sucks and i don't wanna re-sell because i'd be losing money. Me and my sister got the Xbox Series S for christmas and since then ive hardly been able to use it. It doesn't connect...