My Xbox home button does not work anymore

Discus and support My Xbox home button does not work anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DEEFRISON23, Apr 2, 2024.

1. DEEFRISON23
    DEEFRISON23 Guest

I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game. Then the home button led stopped working in general. I never returned the controller because even with the home button led not working my controller was still working properly then all of a sudden the home button stopped working in general the home button is now completely unresponsive the controller is too late to return. I’ve tried resetting it and the controller actually resets and sync to my console fine just the home button doesn’t work my controller is completely up to date. what can I do to fix it

:)

DEEFRISON23, Apr 2, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi DEEFRISON23. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

If possible, have you tested if the issue happens with other controllers?

I'd also suggest power cycling your console in case it's an issue on the console's end: Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or on your controller.
  3. xXx Leo 95 xXx Win User

probleme bluetooth ( Bluetooth problem )

it is that the button to activate the bluetooth on my Xbox does not work anymore
  4. Goatsnatcher Win User

Smartglass use

Every time I've played I've tried to get it to work but nothing. Collected loads of the app things and all it say's is press the home button to continue......problem is there no home symbol anymore, just the round blue emblem and that does nothing at all.
  5. SaporousShelf92 Win User

Changing resolution - screen now blank

does the home button trick work for Xbox 360
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

A button does not work in the Xbox One Home Menus.

Hi Baker,

Have you done any button mapping by chance? You can go into the controller settings and reset to default. Here is a guide for

configuring the controller

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. My Xbox home button does not work anymore - Similar Threads - home button does

2. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  3. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  4. Home button and other options unavailable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button and other options unavailable.: My son can play a game but the home button does not work. He can not go to his account or settings. System keeps saying unavailable. We have performed a hard reset and then unplugged the power...
  5. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  6. Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...: Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I get a black screen for like 10 seconds a88fdc63-0175-4e35-bf04-7a806d6f52db
  7. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f
  8. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  9. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  10. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...