My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

Discus and support My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joseph Cole1, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Joseph Cole1
    Joseph Cole1 Guest

My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of.

:)

Joseph Cole1, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Digital Impulse Win User

All mics are muted now. Why?

Yes, the Kinect is not the issue. Even with the Kinect unplugged the mics are still muted for everyone.

On my old Elite Xbox 360 I could hear everyone through my tv fine. I had no headset though but it was ok because I could still hear people. Now on this new Kinect slim 360 the game won't let me hear anyone through my headset or mic. I They're muted because
    their names have the muted icon beside them, which is the symbol of a speaker with a red x on it.

This can be done manually, I would mute loud or annoying players myself. But now with this Kinect 360 it seems like they're ALL muted (maunally) although I have not set them to be muted. Nothing comes out of my tv or headset. When I first played I could
    hear them and myself but that was when I realized it was using the Kinect's mic. I didn't like that so I disabled the Kinect mic in the 360 settings. That was all I did.

Now the game does not recognize my headset either nor will it let me hear them. It's something with this Kinect. I've tried plugging it back in, unplugging it, plugging my headset in with kinect unplugged, plugging my headset in with Kinect plugged, it
    just doesn't work anymore and I've gone through all the game menus and settings, there isn't a real section for "mic settings" ..you can't really do anything in CoD settings besides muting single players and like I said they're already muted. I've tried unmuting
    them but there is no change and the X remains over their speaker beside their names.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of.

Hi Joseph, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I have already seen several users with the same problem, apparently it is a generic problem that several people are having, the best thing I can recommend at this time is to help Microsoft by reporting the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click the green "Report" button and fill out the information as detailed as possible.

This way, Xbox will know there is a problem and can work to fix it as soon as possible.

Please note that in this public forum we are only players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and hope the issue is resolved soon.
  4. WeepySaucer9404 Win User

Xbox live headset

Also, have you checked to see if the settings, such as the volume of the headset is turned up all the way or if it's on mute? Someone might be using a headset that isn't compatible or someone is muted. To me, it might be someone is muted either your son
    or the friend but I could be wrong on that. But check out the headphone settings just to be sure!
  5. cam smith3 Win User

I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers.

Would LOVE to see this. Or, if not possible, to sell something the headset plugs into with a quick toggle mute button. Finding the tiny mute button on headset cords isn't ideal either and half the time doesn't work...
  6. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
Thema:

1. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've... - Similar Threads - headset isn't working

2. My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...: My setting in the party is set to party chat, my headset is set to neutral, I've tried updating, I've tried repairing, and I've tried turning everything off and back on. I can hear people in game...
  3. Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?: I have the initial bootup audio from the headset and it connects to the USB because I can see the solid green light when my mic is unmuted and the breathing red light when it's muted. But it...
  4. Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset Chat Mixer Isn't Working.: Headset chat mixer acts as the headset volume slider. Sliding the tab to the game side will increase both game and party chat, whereas the other direction decreases both. No other apps or audios...
  5. Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help: My headset mic only works in party chat not regular play. Please help me! a200172f-86d1-4061-a4e4-a408239aeb58
  6. The right volume dial isn't working on my Xbox Wireless Headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right volume dial isn't working on my Xbox Wireless Headset.: I've already tried updating and resetting, and I really wish I could just adjust the volume on my Xbox. People say that you can but the Audio section on the home menu tells a different story. It...
  7. I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try: Earlier today I got a new headset to use with my Xbox One X, a RIG 700 PRO HX, and I can hear things just fine, but I'm having no luck trying to get the microphone to work, I'm not sure why it...
  8. Xbox One S all of a sudden isn't outputting audio from TV, but plugging in a headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S all of a sudden isn't outputting audio from TV, but plugging in a headset...: For some reason, my Xbox One audio doesn’t output through the TV’s speakers. However, when I plug my headphones into my controller, then the audio get outputted through both the TV and the...
  9. My xbox headset chat isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox headset chat isn't working: The chat mixer isn't working on my xbox wireless headset, I can't adjust it through the menu or the headset itself. I've tried everything from resetting the headset to clearing the MAC address. I...
  10. Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected: So I turned on my xbox today to find that my sound wasn't working properly and then noticed the hedset icon was up in the upper right corner. I don't have a headset connected so I checked the...