My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

Discus and support My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Officials ✔, Jun 18, 2024.

1. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox buttons light doesn't work and now only my joysticks, triggers and my xbox button work but my d-pad, buttons, and bumpers don't work

:)

Officials ✔, Jun 18, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Officials, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Does this also happen if you play with it connected via a USB cable?

Have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

Test the buttons here.

In case they are not working, and, If your controller is still under warranty, please, submit a repair request.

Register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox elite controller y, b,a, x, no lights 1

There is no lights on the a,b,x,y buttons on the Elite controller. The only light is the Xbox button, when you turn the console on.
  4. RomanHermanski Win User

Xbox Controllers

hi my elite 2 controller don't respond anymore.

not one button, stick or paddles work but the controller is "on"= "home button" has light on...

i can't turn the controller off

when i open the accessories app there is only my standard controller displayed.

connecting to xbox with usb cable doing nothing

when i put them in the case: no "vibration"

on the elite 1 you can simply remove the battery but on elite 2 it's impossible.

is there a trick to turn the controller off and on?

thx
  5. Jaedon F Win User

Why did my elite controller stop working on my Xbox and won’t turn off or do anything even when I unplug my Xbox

My console is the Xbox series X. My controller stopped working last night while I was playing a game and it said reconnect controller but it was still on. I’ve tried holding the pairing button but nothing happened. I’ve tried taking it out of range of my Xbox to see if it would shut off. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging my Xbox. But my elite controller still has the light on and won’t do anything. Even the button to change paddle presets isn’t turning those lights on.
  6. FidgetyDisc143 Win User

Xbox Controllers

hi my elite 2 controller don't respond anymore.

not one button, stick or paddles work but the controller is "on"= "home button" has light on...

i can't turn the controller off

when i open the accessories app there is only my standard controller displayed.

connecting to xbox with usb cable doing nothing

when i put them in the case: no "vibration"

on the elite 1 you can simply remove the battery but on elite 2 it's impossible.

is there a trick to turn the controller off and on?

thx
    Hi Roman

I don't personally own a elite 2 controller but hears what i could find from google

"Find the Xbox button in the center top of your controller. Press and hold it down for six seconds. It should now turn
    off
    . Turning it back on should automatically re-connect it to the last available Bluetooth connection"

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Also there isn't anything I can do to change the extra buttons without reprogramming the original xbox button layout. Although try and install the xbox app on your pc/laptop and see if you can change
    it from there or search on youtube for button layout tutorials for your Elite 2 changes.
Thema:

1. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work - Similar Threads - elite controllers light

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  9. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  10. Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...: As the question says, can you—be it using CLI or something else (AHK, an API, etc.)—change the light on the Elite Series 2 controller's logo without using the Xbox Accessories app? Looking to do...