My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

Discus and support My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nolan_12309, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Nolan_12309
    Nolan_12309 Guest

My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not [​IMG]
    So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this, it is only my xbox elite controller) and I have tried my brothers xbox elite controller and it doesnt show that it has a headphone jack plugged in. Please do not tell me to fully restart my console cause that will not work. Even this morning it was fine, and after playing dead island 2 and beating the game I unplugged my headset and played red dead 2 when I asked my brother to get on I plugged in my headset to see that it didn't work and when unplugged it, it showed that a microphone that wasn't plugged in was muted and it showed on the menu that a headset was plugged in, please help cause I am not buying another $40 controller.

:)

Nolan_12309, Apr 29, 2023
  2. pkvas Win User

Xbox one new wireless controller with earbuds?

I know the elite controller has a normal headphone jack that you can plug your Samsung headphones into don't think a normal controller does though
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Please try to power cycle your controller.
    Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Don't forget to check for controller updates. Alternatively, try to play games with a headphone plugged in, try to reinsert it multiple times if it will update its current state.
  4. Nolan_12309 Win User

Ok I will update you on that
  5. onyxishere Win User

Headphones

If your headphones have a 3.5 mm jack and your controller supports it then simply plug the headphones into the hole in the front of the controller. If the controller does not have the jack then you'll need to purchase a headphone adapter for the controller.
  6. INeedHelp61 Win User

Mic compatability - Ath-Adg1x

Is the xbox headset adapter the same as the pre installed headphone jack on the elite controller? Are they a different connection?
Thema:

1. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not - Similar Threads - elite controller saying

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  9. Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...: I purchased a new, sealed Xbox elite 2 core controller yesterday from a retailer (GameStop) and it is showing as having been registered over 3 months ago. I know GameStop has tons of used items...
  10. My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...: It will no longer stay connected via wireless anymore either 287d8158-f427-492f-bb19-f0f1722de372