My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.

Discus and support My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My controller controls my mouse and keyboard and every time I play games this bothers me a lot. I downloaded Xbox accessories and updated the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Stefanos Stefanos, Aug 1, 2023.

1. My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.

My controller controls my mouse and keyboard and every time I play games this bothers me a lot. I downloaded Xbox accessories and updated the controller but I don't know if that has to do something with my issue, Any kind of help I would gladly appreciate

:)

Stefanos Stefanos, Aug 1, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Stefanos, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

It’s unfortunate to know you’re not able to use your controller as expected on your device. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
    Do you have Steam installed on your PC?
    Are you using the controller wired or wirelessly?
    What procedures you tried to fix this prior to your post creation and besides updating the controller firmware?
  3. Whitey Black Win User

M n K (Mouse and Keyboard) cheating in competitive console games.

i don't know why having others thins like a keyboard and mouse is cheating if you can used is OK, if you have the elite controller and customized for you're play better is cheating NO. having a keyboard and mouse is another tool
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Keyboard not working on Xbox

Are you using the keyboard to turn on the console, or a regular controller?

My suggestion is to try using a regular Xbox One Controller (any should do, standard, Elite Series 1 or 2) to turn on the console, launch the game, then turn off the controller, and connect the keyboard and mouse after the controller has been turned off,
    you should then be prompted to select an account to use the keyboard and mouse with for the game.
  5. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
  6. FabioHVSilva Win User

Mouse and keyboard with third party devices

Why you say that? telling the mouse and keyboard is taking advantage you can say the Elite control is for advantage too. Only my point of view.
Thema:

1. My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard. - Similar Threads - elite controller acting

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....