My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

Discus and support My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by coolgamersonic h, Nov 1, 2023.

1. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing happens does anyone know a fix cause I can’t play some of my pc games without my controller

<Changed to a question>

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***

:)

coolgamersonic h, Nov 1, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello coolgamersonic h,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to connect your Xbox controller on PC. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There are three ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC. To ensure we are on the same page; we would like to ask you for few questions about this:

• Are you using an Xbox Accessories App in PC?
    • How do you connect your controller - Bluetooth (for Bluetooth enabled PC), wired (with cable), or wireless (with Xbox Wireless Adapter)?
    • Is your controller non-Bluetooth or Bluetooth supported Controller? These two controllers can distinguish by checking the image below:

[​IMG]

We would like to recommend you these steps:

1. Make sure your controller is fully charged or has fresh batteries.

2. Try connecting the controller to your PC using a different USB cable or wireless adapter and check if your PC's Bluetooth is turned on and try connecting the controller wirelessly.

For guide, please check this link: Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

3. Update your controller's firmware by connecting it to your Xbox.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Controllers & headsets.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    • If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.

4. Try connecting the controller to a different PC to see if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

Hi there Tim,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the controller not staying connected to the Xbox.

I recommend to try the following article:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller
    (My controller won’t connect to my console or PC)

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Controller Settings

Usually, if the controller is paired with the PC, it should not turn on the console anymore, as it should only be able to be bound to one single devic.

There is no setting to "force" the console to stay off when a bound controller is turned on. What Adapter did you get? Is it a Bluetooth adapter or an actual Xbox Wireless gaming adapter?

Can you try to connect the controller to the PC via a Micro-USB data cable (be aware that some smartphone charging cables only have the power lines connected, but have no data lines, so the controller won't be properly detected with such charging cables)?

If you connect it once with an USB cable, the controller should "forget" it was bound to the console, and now that it's bound to the PC, should not turn on the console anymore.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore - Similar Threads - controller won’t properly

2. What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?: Hi, I recently joined a new wifi network but after connecting my xbox crashed. Since then i’ve tried to go back on but my controller won’t connect at all to the xbox. I’ve hard reset, i’ve tried...
  3. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  4. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  5. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.: Hi Xbox Community, My xbox controller is having some issues and I am wondering if you may be able to help me find out what’s going on. The issue is that my controller will be on but whenever it...
  8. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  9. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  10. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...