My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

Discus and support My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BananaSage, Feb 29, 2024.

1. BananaSage
    BananaSage Guest

Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I found that when I press Y it keeps continuously switching between page down and Y button, X as page up, A as Enter, and B as Space. Because of that, I can't navigate the start screen because it keeps switching between console and mouse cursor. I've done updating the controller and restarted the controller, but nothing changed. Btw, the problem only arises on game from Xbox app and it's fine on other platform services like Steam.

:)

BananaSage, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Richard Daken Win User

My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

Unfortunately when I just tried to use my controller it wouldn’t turn out without being plugged in and once it was turned it I had no control over the controller. It was doing completely randoms things. I did see if I can get it replaced under warranty since I bought the controller only 6 months ago but it says the warranty ran out two years ago which is confusing.
  3. Richard Daken Win User

Every so often my controller also turns off and when I go to turn it back on it cuts power the moment I let go of the Xbox button.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Richard my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

Update the controller firmware:

Outdated firmware can sometimes lead to controller malfunction.
    Connect your controller to your Xbox console via a USB cable.
    Go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories.
    Select your controller and check for any available firmware updates.

Reset the controller:

Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve minor software glitches affecting the controller.
    There are two ways to reset your controller:
    Soft reset: Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds until it turns off.
    Hard reset: Press and hold the Xbox button and the Menu button (the three lines) simultaneously for 5 seconds.
    Once reset, try using the controller again to see if the issue persists.

Test the controller on another console:

If you have access to another Xbox console, try connecting your controller to it.
    This will help determine if the problem lies with the controller itself or your console.
    If the controller works fine on another console, the issue might be related to your console's settings or hardware.

Check for physical damage:

While less likely, physical damage to the controller's internal components can cause button malfunctions and other issues.
    Examine the controller for any visible signs of damage, such as dropped components, cracked housing, or exposed wires.

Additional Tips:

Avoid using the controller while charging: This can sometimes cause interference and lead to button malfunctions.
    Try using a different USB cable: A damaged or faulty cable can cause communication issues between the controller and the console.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  5. Ava Thompson1 Win User

Sometimes, dust or debris can get inside the controller and cause button or joystick issues. Use compressed air to blow out any dust from around the buttons and joystick. Be gentle and avoid pushing debris further inside.

Apart form that, make sure your controller's firmware is up to date. You can do this by connecting the controller to your Xbox and navigating to the 'Devices & connections' section in the system settings. If there's an update available, apply it.
  6. Richard Daken Win User

I did try cleaning my controller but that didn’t work at all. I also checked if my controller needed an update which it did not.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons - Similar Threads - controller keeps randomly

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  5. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.: My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing the capture button, Y button and causes my left joystick to go down (note my controller has not suffered from stick drift in the past). This issue only...
  6. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  7. Xbox one controllers keep disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controllers keep disconnecting randomly: My 2 xbox controllers have just started randomly disconnecting. The would connect fine sometimes then flash and disconnected and the reconnect or most times just stay flashing until I turn them...
  8. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...
  9. Xbox Guest Controller Keeps Disconnecting at Random Intervals

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Guest Controller Keeps Disconnecting at Random Intervals: Hello, Whenever I attempt to play my Xbox Series X with more than one controller, the guest controller disconnects randomly for 3-5 seconds then reconnects. This makes gaming with multiple...
  10. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...