My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

Discus and support My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mitchell Jeavons, Feb 13, 2024.

1. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my controller doesn't work properly at all. Does anyone know why?

:)

Mitchell Jeavons, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200.

Hello jameson knott,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with the controllers used during remote play where some of the buttons do not function correctly. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Does joysticks and triggers buttons work when using remote on other devices?

2. What type of controllers are you using? Can you provide make and model?

3. Have you tried connecting the connecting to other devices like through Windows Pc or Xbox console and no issues with the button function

It is possible that the type of controller does not fully support some of the functions of the button during remote play and cloud gaming. When playing Xbox games with cloud gaming and remote play, we recommend using an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via Bluetooth or USB cable. Many other types of wired and Bluetooth controllers can also work for cloud gaming. Controllers that are identified as Official Xbox and Designed for Xbox are optimized for the best cloud gaming experienceand remote play. Verified controllers will work for remote play and cloud gaming but may be less optimal.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Nursemorph Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

What specifically doesn't work? The stream audio or the party audio?
    Was that not covered in the OPs post?

"I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session"

"just not when joining a party during a stream."

Seems to me that the OP is playing using the Remote Play function but the Microphone doesn't work when in a party chat whilst using the Remote Play. the Mic works fine when directly connected to the Xbox or used via the Xbox App
  4. lostsyntax Win User

Media Remote Menu Button During DVD/Blue-Ray Playback

According tho Xbox Support on twitter there is no way to open a DVD/Blu Ray menu during playback using the Media Remote, suggestion was to use the XB1 controller for this functionality. Which, funny enough, is exactly why I bought the media remote so that
    I don't have to use the XB1 controller for controlling my media.

Sounds like they are working on a solution.
  5. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

Can I use the new kinect voice commands for this?

Ughh when you put the blu ray in or dvd you can say play disc to watch the movie... and you can say the remote functions like pause and play. I buy all my movies from VUDU its an app on the X1... and i can just pull up my library and play any movie in HD
    without having to put a lame disc in.
  6. Schief Win User

smartglass?

While watching TV, SmartGlass provides simple remote control functionality of play/pause/skip etc. as well as control TV volume. We are investigating additional functionality to add in the future.
Thema:

My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

1. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games - Similar Threads - controller functioning properly

2. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  3. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  4. IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY CONTROL STICK SENSITIVITY? DO THESE FUNCTIONS NOT EXIST ON THE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY CONTROL STICK SENSITIVITY? DO THESE FUNCTIONS NOT EXIST ON THE...: I updated my console and now I can't even use my controller because the sensitivity is way to effing high, it's brutal and it's not my controller. There are no ease of access settings and there is...
  5. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  6. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  7. Can we add the shift button on the controller to a functioning button?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we add the shift button on the controller to a functioning button?: I want to switch my sticks when I aim my gun. So I want to add the shift button function while still using the LT function. Right now only LT or Shift can be assigned to the left trigger, but not...
  8. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...
  9. Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller: Hi, I'm writing about a feature that was recently released for Xbox Accessories, allowing controller buttons to be remapped so that they input keyboard keys when pressed. Here is a link to the...
  10. Xbox controller’s right stick button non-functioning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller’s right stick button non-functioning: As the titles says, pushing down on the right stick button doesnt work. Until now, it worked a couple times before immediately stopping. It is a controller connected to Windows 11. I’ve tried...